Position: Innovation Hub Master Trainer
Position Type : Full Time
Reporting to: Innovation Hub Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Works directly with: Innovation Hub team, MEAL department.
Location: Gaza- Khan Younis
Expected Starting Date: ASAP
Youth Without Borders is a non-profit organization based in Gaza Strip that has been operating in Palestine since 2002. YWB is dedicated to building/developing capacities, and inclusive community practices for youth from different backgrounds, ethics, locations, and perspectives. YWB is committed to enhancing the opportunities for both genders to get the needed skills that contribute to creating innovative ideas.
Within its Youth Empowerment Program, YWB got a grant to implement the “Bridges to the Future: Improving Resilience and Job Opportunities for Youth in the southern area of Gaza Strip” project which will be as an innovative one year and half project to expand the current technical/vocational training center to be as sustainable and vibrant innovation hub with necessary modern digital and technological equipment, serving the marginalized youth in the governorates of Khan Younis and Rafah and connected to the world and interests of youth.
The Project will also contribute to building the capacity for youth in the southern area of Gaza Strip in the field of 21st century skills, social resilience, and employment skills.
Within the project life cycle, Community awareness and engagement will be raised on the importance of sustainable innovation hubs which develop the socio-economic capacity of youth with a focus on social inclusion of young women and people with disabilities, through establishing a media unit and digital platform to produce audio-visual content addressing youth and community issues. Moreover, establish and develop community/technical (Entrepreneurs, Advocacy, English, and Digital) clubs with an extensive range of various sectoral events, including (workshops, meet-ups, boot camps, Hackathons, pizza parties, Demo days ..etc.)
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION AND DURATION
- The successful candidate will be based in the South Gaza Strip with frequent travel to suppliers’ visits.
- The duration of this contract will be 16 months with the possibility of extension.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- The Y-Hub master trainer is responsible for the planning and delivery of the 21st century, resilience and employment skills training program to the project’s participants. S/he shall follow and maintain best practices in the implementation of the trainings to ensure that the project’s results are delivered and achieved, and to contribute to enhancing the learning within the team and in the organization as a whole.
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement activities on 2 main tracks in the project in addition to the 21st century skills, and ensure that the implementation schedules are met as per the detailed implementation plan (DIP), while maintaining adherence to the innovation hub systems for quality project management.
- Deliver training and coaching to the project’s trainers (ToT) after receiving extensive well-structured training by the donor.
- Provide continuous technical support and coaching to the project’s trainers/participants to ensure the innovation hub training aims.
- Provide support in the delivery of community based events as needed.
- Track and document the progress of the participants and keep the records up-to-date.
- Provide needed assistance to the MEAL consultant on the review and development of M&E tools for the interventions.
- Lead the continuous adaptations and enhancement of the program tools and approach to ensure their effectiveness and appropriateness to the project’s participants.
- Support the Innovation hub manager in developing new approaches for delivering the training and getting a continuous feedback mechanism.
- Provide ongoing progress plans, reports, statices, presentations and papers.
- Coordinate with the trainers/ mentors to prepare the training matrix, material, and tools.
- Provide support to the innovation hub team on areas related to operations, logistics, communication, advocacy, preparation of position papers, policy papers, strengthening coalitions and networks, etc.
- Contribute to the learning events conducted at the end of any cohort to discuss the successes, challenges, and identify adaptations to the curricula to strengthen the approach for future cohorts. The trainer must participate in and contribute recommendations for strengthening the curricula in the future.
- Support the documentation of learnings and innovations promoted by YWB (lessons learned, best practices, methodologies, approaches, success stories, etc.)
- Performs other related tasks as required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Minimum BA in IT, computer engineering, business administration, entrepreneurship or relevant field.
- Proven previous experience for minimum of 3 years in designing and delivering trainings and coaching either as an organizer or a trainer in youth empowerment skills, technical training is a plus.
- Experience in delivering inclusive trainings that are adapted to and responsive to the specific needs of persons with disabilities, is a plus.
- Experience in delivering trainings on Online Freelancing/outsourcing is a plus.
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in a multicultural, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in delivering virtual training sessions.
- Excellent communication skills in Arabic, and a very good command of written and spoken English language.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Multi-tasking, and ability to work under pressure.
- Proficiency MS Office, Slack, Google products (Drive, Sheets, Docs), trello and hubspot.
- Proactive, Dynamic person, and fast learner.
- Up to date knowledge of technical and freelance/outsourcing industry developments.
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV & cover letter to the following e-mail: [email protected] . Indicating Position Title in the subject line. “Innovation Hub Master Trainer”
Deadline for submission: Sunday 11:59 PM, 27 June 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Youth Without Borders believes in equal opportunities for both genders.
Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
Qualified persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
No Phone calls.