Position: Field Coordinator
Project Title: Empowering Women’s capacities in Gaza Strip to become economically independent “Empower US” Project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Active Citizenry Activity (ACA).
Position Type: Full Time
Duration: 11 Months.
Location: Gaza strip- Khan Younis
Expected Starting Date: ASAP
Youth Without Borders is a non-profit organization based in Gaza Strip that has been operating in Palestine since 2002. YWB is dedicated to building/developing capacities, and inclusive community practices for youth from different backgrounds, ethics, locations, and perspectives. YWB is committed to enhancing the opportunities for both genders to get the needed skills that contribute to creating innovative ideas.
Active Citizenry Activity (ACA) funded by USAID and aims to increase citizens’ civic participation and support efforts to advocate for positive changes, and to improve overall living conditions for Palestinians. ACA supports citizens, the civil society sector, independent media organizations, professional organizations, unions, and other relevant stakeholders operating in the West Bank (including East Jerusalem) and Gaza to become more active in public decision making and advocacy for citizens’ rights and demands.
The main goal of ACA is to increase citizens’ participation in civic life and support their efforts to advocate for positive changes.
In partnership with Global Communities and funded by United States Agency for International Development (USAID) through the Active Citizenry Activity (ACA), Youth Without Borders is implementing a project entitled "Empowering Women’s capacities in Gaza Strip to become economically independent “Empower US” Project"
The project seeks to address the barriers faced by women's rights in Gaza, caused by the ongoing political conflict, limiting their influence in various fields and denying basic rights. It aims to empower women by providing technical and entrepreneurship training to 30 women aged 21 to 30 years in Khan Younis, enabling them to enter the labor market or start their businesses. Additionally, the project will enhance the institutional capacity of the Youth Women's Business organization through strategic planning and financial management training. By promoting women's economic participation, the project aims to reduce poverty and foster economic growth in Gaza, contributing to a more inclusive and equitable society.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- As a Field Coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in the successful implementation of the project. Your primary responsibility will be to support and assist the Project Manager in executing project activities in alignment with the project proposal and budget. You will be based in the field, actively coordinating and overseeing various aspects of the project.
- Project Implementation: Assist the Project Manager in the seamless execution of all project activities, ensuring they are carried out within the defined scope, timeline, and allocated budget.
- Business Follow-up: Regularly follow up with established businesses, providing guidance and support to address challenges and maximize their potential for success.
- Field Coordination: Take the lead in coordinating project activities in the designated area, including organizing training sessions, workshops, and meetings, and facilitating communication among project stakeholders.
- Awareness-Raising Sessions: Facilitate and conduct awareness-raising sessions for project participants, delivering valuable information and promoting engagement.
- Data Collection and Reporting: Collaborate with the project team to collect relevant data and maintain an up-to-date database of project participants for effective monitoring and reporting.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Engage with local partners, community members, and relevant organizations to build strong relationships and ensure their active participation in the project.
- Capacity Building: Identify capacity-building needs of project participants and coordinate training opportunities to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation process, providing valuable insights and feedback to improve project outcomes.
- Financial Management: Assist in managing project expenses and financial reporting, ensuring compliance with established financial procedures.
- Reporting: Prepare regular progress reports and submit them to the Project Manager, updating on project activities, challenges, and achievements.
- Team Collaboration: Work closely with the project team, providing support and coordination to achieve project objectives collectively.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences, international development, business administration, or a relevant field
- Proven experience in project coordination or community development, with knowledge of women's empowerment projects being advantageous at least 3 Years of experience.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Familiarity with the cultural context and challenges faced by women in Gaza.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office and data management tools.
- Excellent coordination and communication skills to engage with stakeholders effectively.
- Empathetic and sensitive approach to understand the needs of project participants.
- Problem-solving abilities to address challenges during project implementation.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in diverse cultural environments.
- Proactive and self-driven with the ability to work independently and within a team.
- Strong organizational skills to manage project tasks efficiently.
- Skilled in building positive relationships with stakeholders, including community members and local partners.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality and women's empowerment in Gaza
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV & cover letter to the following e-mail: [email protected] Indicating Position Title in the subject line. “Field Coordinator”
- Deadline for submission: Thursday 27, July 2023 12:00 PM.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- The YWB believes in equal opportunities for both genders.
- Well-qualified candidates particularly females and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.