Position: Innovation Hub Master Coach
Position Type: Full Time
Duration: 10-Month with possibility of extension.
Reporting to: Innovation Hub Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Works directly with: Innovation Hub team, MEAL & Procurement departments.
Location: Gaza- Khan Younis
Expected Starting Date: ASAP
Youth Without Borders is a non-profit organization based in Gaza Strip that has been operating in Palestine since 2002. YWB is dedicated to building/developing capacities, and inclusive community practices for youth from different backgrounds, ethics, locations, and perspectives. YWB is committed to enhancing the opportunities for both genders to get the needed skills that contribute to creating innovative ideas.
The youth innovation hub is the first multisectoral inclusive hub serving the marginalized youth in the southern area of the Gaza Strip, established in 2021, powered by the Youth Without Borders Forum. Our main goal is to inspire youth to unleash their innovative ideas and inspire creativity. Y-HUB is providing continuous support for the Palestinian youth to develop their skills and capacities through implementing various types of programs, activities and clubs, to gain economic autonomy, building their 21-Cenurty skills and facilitate the transition to enhance their employability chances and acquire business, IT, entrepreneurship competencies and eco-friendly practices, besides encouraging their active participation in building community-driven interventions.
Within YWB, Youth Innovation Hub has obtained a generous grant from the Belgian Development Agency-Palestine (ENABEL) through “Skilled Young Palestine– Improving Resilience and Job opportunities for Youth (SYP)”, The SYP intervention aims to contribute to support Palestinian Youth in gaining economic autonomy and building their resilience.
Under the intervention of SYP, Youth Innovation Hub is implementing the project “Bridges to the Future: Improving Resilience and Job Opportunities for Youth in the southern area of Gaza Strip'' The project which is as an innovative one year and half project to expand the current technical/vocational training center to be as sustainable and vibrant innovation hub with necessary modern digital and technological equipment, serving the marginalized youth in the governorates of Khan Younis and Rafah and connected to the world and interests of youth.
The Project also contribute to building the capacity for youth in the southern area of Gaza Strip in the field of 21st century skills, social resilience, and employment skills.
Within the project life cycle, community awareness and engagement to raise on the importance of sustainable innovation hubs which develop the socio-economic capacity of youth with a focus on social inclusion of young women and people with disabilities, through establishing a media unit and digital platform to produce audio-visual content addressing youth and community issues. Moreover, establish and develop community/technical (Entrepreneurs, Advocacy, English, and Digital) clubs with an extensive range of various sectoral events, including (workshops, meet-ups, boot-camps, hackathons, pizza parties, Demo days ..etc.)
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION AND DURATION
- The successful candidate will be based in the South Gaza Strip with frequent travel to suppliers’ visits.
- The duration of this contract will be 10 months with the possibility of extension.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- The Y-HUB master coach is responsible for supporting the training by mentoring the delivery of the cohorts/cycles as well as supporting the trainees to be ready for income generation by obtaining job opportunities or access to the local and international market. S/he shall follow and maintain best practices in the implementation of the training and post follow-up to ensure that the project’s results are delivered and achieved, and to contribute to enhancing the learning within the team and in the organization as a whole.
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support project participants to create networks and connections in the local market and digital to secure job opportunities.
- Support the Innovation hub manager in developing new approaches for delivering the training and getting a continuous feedback mechanism.
- Refer and link individuals to potential employment placements and recruiters through online jobs platforms as well as social media. Assists individuals in the completion of specific job applications, preparation for interviews.
- Provide individual and group instruction in career development techniques such as job search and application strategies, resume writing, interview skills, labor market information and job retention.
- Conduct individual & group sessions with the trainees in order to identify the gaps, obstacles and shortages related to their gained skills matching with available job opportunities.
- Identifying trainees' strengths and advising them on how to use those strengths to secure employment or excel in their chosen career path.
- Provide referrals to training, specialized courses, apprenticeships, and continued education as necessary for skill development.
- Provide follow-up services to individuals who have been placed in, or referred to, an employment situation in accordance with referral agency requirements.
- Participate in the data collection for project activity evaluation or for communication purposes under the supervision of the Innovation hub manager.
- Develop capacity building plan for selected trainees and follow up on the implementation of the plan.
- Work closely with the master trainer to ensure an effective and efficient implementation for the activities.
- Elaborate all training materials and work methodology to develop the training and mentorship technical work plan with the trainers.
- Contribute on following-up activities on 2 main tracks in the project in addition to the 21st century skills, taking into consideration maintaining adherence to the innovation hub systems for quality project management.
- Provide support in the delivery of community-based events as needed.
- Provide needed assistance to the MEAL consultant on the review and development of M&E tools for the interventions.
- Provide support to the innovation hub team in areas related to operations, logistics, communication, social media, advocacy, preparation of newsletter, policy papers, strengthening coalitions and networks, etc.
- Contribute to the learning events conducted at the end of any cohort to discuss the successes, challenges, and identify adaptations to the curricula to strengthen the approach for future cohorts.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Minimum BA in IT, computer engineering, business administration, entrepreneurship or relevant field.
- Proven previous experience for minimum of 2 years in designing and following up training either as an organizer or a trainer in youth empowerment skills. Technical training is a plus.
- Experience in delivering inclusive training that is adapted to and responsive to life skills.
- Experience in delivering training about online freelancing/outsourcing.
- Experience in career advising and coaching is an essential requirement.
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in a multicultural, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication skills in Arabic, and a very good command of written and spoken English language.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Multi-tasking, and ability to work under pressure.
- Proficiency MS Office, Slack, Google products (Drive, Sheets, Docs), Trello and HubSpot.
- Proactive, Dynamic person, and fast learner.
- Up to date knowledge of entrepreneurship, technical and freelance/outsourcing industry developments.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV & cover letter to the following e-mail: [email protected] Indicating Position Title in the subject line. “Innovation Hub Master Coach”
- Deadline for submission: Friday 12, August 2022 11:59 PM.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- The Youth Innovation Hub believes in equal opportunities for both genders.
- Well-qualified candidates particularly females and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- No Phone calls.