1-Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards
2-Ensure compliance with ICLA strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards
3-ICLA specific technical responsibility for implementation of technical activities of ICLA project(s)
4-ICLA specific technical responsibility for tracking of financial expenditures for technical activities of ICLA project(s)
5-ICLA specific technical responsibility for the quality control and monitoring of project activities
6-ICLA specific technical responsibility for project documentation of technical activities of ICLA project(s)
7-Provide specific technical support and capacity building towards project staff
8-Provide specific technical analysis and feedback to NRC representatives in coordination forums
9-Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
10-Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
11-Promote the rights of beneficiaries in line with the advocacy strategy
Specific responsibilities :
1-Facilitate provision of basic information and training about the rights and entitlements of beneficiaries as regards relevant business, labour and employment law, provide individual and group follow up and direct legal counselling and para-legal assistance or referral on the issues which cannot be addressed by beneficiaries independently, from the office and during field visits
2-Conduct ICLA field activities in West Bank, including East Jerusalem for the purpose of the beneficiary outreach and follow up, information sessions, attending court hearings, providing legal counselling services or trainings for Palestinian workers and small business owners and entrepreneurs on the relevant business, labour and employment law.
3-Identify, analyze and document violations of the rights, propose and advocate remedies related to business, labour and employment law.
4-Draft legal documents, factsheets, case studies and analysis
5-Coordination of ICLA implementing partners and consultants, working on business, employment and labour law, including drafting agreements, follow up on progress against targets and monthly reports content including quality assurance of services provided and deliverables
6-Contribute to the monitoring of the relevant rules and regulations concerning business, labour and employment law and profiling (e.g. service mapping, assessments, etc.) exercises organized and/or participated by NRC
7-Cooperate with relevant NRC core competences and support units to develop integrated response to the beneficiaries’ needs
8-Compile narrative and statistical reports in the respective formats, including data entry into ICLA database
9-Draft legal documents, factsheets, case studies and analysis
10-Perform any other tasks as requested by ICLA Project Coordinator and/or Programme Development Manager
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- University degree in law, preferably from a recognized Israeli university law school
- 3 years’ of experience in Israeli business, labour and employment law, including formation and operation of commercial entities, taxation, environmental regulations, real estate, occupational safety and workers’ rights.
- Excellent communication (oral, written), organisation and analytical skills
- Knowledge of the context, and working experience in Palestine
- Fluency in Hebrew, Arabic and English, written and verbal
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments
- Contract period: 6 months (temporary employment with a possibility of extension - conditional on funding).
-Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions.
- Duty station: Jerusalem
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة