Advocacy for Palestinian freedom and rights around the world is presented with new opportunities and challenges across various shifting political landscapes. The increasing shrinking space that confronts civil society organizations (CSOs), human rights defenders (HRDs) and Youth activists and Entrepreneurs advocating for Palestinian human rights requires the exploration of new techniques and methods to reach and mobilize target audiences who are beyond existing echo chambers. Through the planned activities and expected outcomes of this project, we aim to reinvigorate effective advocacy and policy efforts to defend Palestinians rights in the European context. This will first and foremost be done through achieving a clearer understanding of the European context in relation to Palestinian rights through research, and then by knowledge-sharing and skill-building CSOs and HRDs through planned training and online courses.
Purpose of Position:
The Human Rights Project Officer will be responsible for the overall day-to-day operational management and implementation of "Innovation for Social Change Program (IfSC)” being run by Station J. Under direct supervision of the Executive Director of Station J, and in cooperation with a high performing team, the Human Rights Project Officer will hold an array of responsibilities that span from managing the operational aspect of the Program to following up with relevant stakeholders and partners, as further explained in the sections below.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for day-to-day management and implementation of the operational aspect of IfSC program, including implementation of the activities set in the Program’s action plan and conducting daily progress review. This includes taking necessary follow-ups in coordination with the management.
- Implement bootcamps, select and support winning innovative human rights initiatives and campaigns.
- Select Palestinian Youth and establish a Multilingual Research/Messaging Social Media Initiative, Coordinate and support continuous engagement with Multilingual Research/Messaging Social Media Initiative
- Develop and disseminate Virtual Reality content related to Human Rights realities in Palestine to educational institutions and conduct 4 training sessions related to the content for Youth
- In full compliance with the donor’s reporting regulations, draft and develop progress/annual/completion result-oriented and financial reports in line with the project documents (i.e., proposal, action plans, budget, Log frames, etc.)
- In reference to the Program’s Log frame and Action Plan, monitor and track progress and report on any deviations to assist the management in making timely decisions.
- In reference to the Program’s approved budget, and in compliance with the donor’s financial and procurement requirements, monitor and track the Program’s expenses by preparing periodic expenditure reports. This also includes preparing and following up on relevant procurement matters including vetting, contractual arrangements, following up with service providers, etc.
- Responsible for establishing networks and following up with external stakeholders, notably human rights actors in line with the Program’s objectives.
- In cooperation with the Communication Officer, increase the visibility of Station J, through producing success stories, press releases, and other forms of publications as deemed necessary.
- Responsible for the M&E aspect of the Program including creating M&E tools and techniques to ensure proper progress-tracking of projects and activities as well as reporting on derived results.
- Design and implement evaluation methodologies and tools that will result in reporting on lessons learned, as well as responding action plans for planning, improvement, and development.
- Ensure that the Program and projects are well coordinated ad implemented within budget and scope. This includes generating periodic reports based on day-to-day progress review.
- Manage the process of evaluation and assessment of Jerusalem Innovates Program, projects, and activities.
- Represent Station J in the media when required.
- Any other task required by the Executive Director.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Relevant academic background (e.g., advocacy, international human rights, public affairs, journalism/or communication, social sciences, etc.);
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with proven professional record working in the field of Human Rights (experience in project management/ innovation / entrepreneurship is a big plus).
- Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic
- Demonstrated writing skills for different audience.
- Demonstrated communication, human rights, and research experience.
- Proven ability to work productively with a variety of stakeholders to run participatory processes including competitions for youths.
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to identify needs/gaps and work towards solutions, meeting tight deadlines with an emphasis on quality.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a small team, in a flexible working environment.
For those who are interested and fulfill the needed qualifications, kindly send you CV to [email protected]