Human Resources Officer – Maternity Replacement
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI - Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org
LOCATION: Based in Jerusalem with frequent travelling to Ramallah, the successful candidate must prove the ability to travel among these locations
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of Human Resources and Administration Manager and carry out efficient and adequate administration of national and expatriate human resources implemented in the country, follow up, and monitor the right implementation of HI policies and procedures within legal frameworks.
- Carry out national personnel administration
- Update and follow up the national staff contracts
- Prepare the national staff payroll in coordination with the HR & Admin Manager.
- Ensure the systematic monthly payroll transfer to employees’ accounts on time as per the validated payroll calculation database received from the Mission HR & Admin Manager, pay the income tax, pension fund, insurances…etc respecting the deadlines defined and monitored by the HR & Admin Manager.
- Update and follow up the national staff leaves
- Prepare social security declarations for social security department / income tax declarations
- Send variable pay data (advance on salary, overtime, etc…) and information relating to the records of national employees to the HR & Admin Manager
- Follow up on health insurance registration (employee in and out)
- Ensure appropriate filing of national staff document
- Draw up employment contract / amendment
- Follow up POL for national staff.
- Constitute and keep updated staff files for national personnel.
- Ensure health care coverage and monitor the provided service
- Follow up and solve any case with the health insurance company
- Provide administration of individual records for national personnel.
- Follow up on national staff appraisal with managers
- File appraisals in individual files
- Maintain a staff register or any other legally required records
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly and annual HR report, in addition to any other required report.
- The administrative management of international staff
- Follow up and prepare variable pay data (rent contribution, advance on salary, per diem, transportation) and information relating to the records of expatriate.
- Update monthly the expat staff data and ensure a clear relevant filing system for all the HR relevant documents (mission order, insurance and work contract). Alert in case of document missing or out of date
- Follow up the expats flight ticket.
- Follow up the expats staff leaves
- Manage the payments of expats school fees and update the follow up table
- Manage the expats contracts Follow up sheet.
- Receive and send acknowledgment of debt of expatriate and send to the regional office
- Organize and archive each expatriates staff files
- Prepare the family allowances for the expat staff
- Ensure appropriate filing of expats documents
- Prepare modification of end of mission
- Prepare departure document (quietus…)
- Assist in the preparation of any required report
- Assist the HR & Admin Manager in the management of recruitment, training and appraisals processes
- Follow-up and update the recruitment file, procedures and tools been used for recruiting.
- Prepare the vacancy announcement and publication (Employees/ consultants).
- Perform the first screening of received CVs in coordination with the HR & Admin Manager.
- Contact candidates for tests and interviews
- Organise the required arrangement for the tests and prepare the schedule
- Communicate with unsuccessful candidates and inform the successful candidate and send the offer
- Take references and communicate with them.
- Update the recruitment table
- Prepare induction plan.
- Participate in briefing to new staff members or staff assigned to the Field on HR matters.
- Collect all programme training needs
- Develop training providers database
- Carry out training as per line manager request for national and international staff in area of activity.
- Collect all programme appraisals information
- Visit the other bases in the mission for support & capacity building /strengthening as per the line manager request.
- Participate to projects meetings and provide support for HR-related issues within her/his domain
- Prepare upon request the needed documents or files for external audit firm & internal control.
- Assist in the follow up of all administrative/legal aspects (reports requested by the authorities, coordination with lawyer…).
- Assist in organizing staff wellness activities and social events.
- Setting up and ensuring daily internal and external communication and coordination mechanisms for all topics related to her/his field of responsibility
- Monitoring social risks at work and ensuring appropriate support is provided.
- Assist in any other tasks that may not be described in the Job description and yet may participate to the achievement of the settled objectives within the individual action plan.
- Manage cash payment for both Jerusalem and West Bank
- Ensure that petty cash funds are always sufficient for Jerusalem and West Bank Offices.
- Sort, count and wrap coins and currency
- Enter advance requests in the advance book & monitor advances
- Manage the cashboxes (Invoice settlement & illegibility, register upkeep, cash box, cheques, inventories and bank account reconciliations, etc.)
- Check daily the consistency between the system and physical cash balances on the petty cash box
- Make a weekly cash count with the Finance Manager & on the last day of the month to close the accountancy
- Implement up-to-date bookkeeping on the ledger, with translation of invoices, prepare payment stamps, ensure GAP allocation and record entries in ledger books.
- Under the Finance Manager supervision , assist in the monthly closure (scan log ledgers, scan cash counts, photocopies and archive copies of those documents
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Fluent in English and Arabic (Hebrew a plus)
- Excellent communication, diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Good oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and good organizational skills.
- Proven reliability and ability to prioritize tasks and organize workload
- Problem solving skills, critical thinking, self-initiative in carrying out tasks.
- Autonomous in using the basic functionalities of Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in HR management, business administration or any related field.
- Good experience in Human resources (between 1-3 years).
- Previous work experience with I/NGO.
- Proven knowledge of payroll management, personnel administration, expatriate employment terms and conditions, document filing system
- Good knowledge in recruitment processes and Implementation of training plans.
- Good knowledge of financial rules and petty cash management.
- Legal knowledge of employment legislations in Palestine and Israel.
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Contract will be from Dec 1, 2020 and for a period of 7 months to cover a maternity leave.
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Basic salary for the position : 7,851 – 8165 ILS
Interested candidates should send their resume with motivation letter to reach on or before 14th of November 2020 to [email protected] indicating your full name and the job title (Human Resources Officer) in the subject line of your e-mail application. Applications incomplete or received after the deadline will be disregarded.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and those shortlisted will be contacted.