Job Title: Human Resources and Operations Lead
Position Type: Full time
Project Summary: Trade Facilitation and Customs Support (Tasdeer)
The FCDO Trade Facilitation and Customs Support programme (Tasdeer) is a £15m programme financed by FCDO and operational from 2020 – 2025. The objective of the Tasdeer is to improve the trade performance and customs capabilities in the OPTs. It will ultimately contribute to increased inclusive private sector-led economic growth and fiscal sustainability in the OPTs. The programme is designed to be flexible and adaptable, and it will work politically and technically to make progress across the four key interrelated workstreams:
- Support to expedite the movement of goods and reduce transaction costs
- Support to improve Palestinian trade-related institutions and business enabling environment
- Support to improve the private sector’s skills and innovation to export and create jobs
- Support to improve PA’s customs readiness to assume functions from Israel and revenues from trade-related taxes
The programme is implemented by a Cowater-led consortium on behalf of FCDO.
Role Profile: Human Resources and Operations Lead
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Human Resources (HR) and Operations Lead will lead the human resource, procurement, and logistics functions for Tasdeer. They are expected to provide operational expertise and leadership throughout program delivery, and ensure compliance with requisite policies.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide end-to-end oversight of procurement processes, ensuring that all procurements are delivered in compliance with requisite policies and procedures.
- Provide quality assurance of procurement documents, such as Terms of Reference, and ensure that all documentation meets high standards of quality.
- Work collaboratively with the technical team to prepare any necessary tender documentation ;
- Receive quotations/proposals from vendors, via the Finance and Operations Assistant;
- Ensure adequate administration of the procurement process, including properly filing procurement documents and maintaining internal trackers.
- Contribute to the evaluation of bids, for example moderating procurement panels on an ad hoc basis, and preparing procurement evaluations. Oversee the due diligence process, ensuring that all consultants receive due diligence clearance in accordance with Tasdeer’s processes and sign-off due diligence and vetting documents prepared by the Finance and Operations Assistant.
- Prepare service provider contracts and review contracts proposed by service providers, ensuring suitable quality and compliance with local legislation.
- Where necessary, acting as Tasdeer’s focal point with our in-country lawyer on contract compliance and to amend contract templates.
- Facilitate the payment of suppliers by coordinating the quality assurance of deliverables, and preparing supporting paperwork for the Operations and Finance Assistant.
- Staff Performance Management: Provide ad hoc support in the coordination of staff performance management, and ensure that all performance appraisal documents are completed and filed.
- Induction of new staff
- Ensure new staff are briefed on local office and security processes.
- Provide an operational induction to the program, including any necessary policies, processes, and all standard templates.
- Ensure new staff have IT access
- Quality assure job advertisements, and post on relevant national job boards.
- Manage the recruitment process, including maintaining a longlist of all candidates and, on an ad hoc basis, shortlisting project positions.
- Maintain an up-to-date library of recruitment documents and candidate information.
- Travel and Accommodation
- Arrange all staff business travel and accommodation
- Manage expat staff in-country accommodation
- Be the day-to-day point of contact for office management, including liaising with landlords for support, repairs and services as needed;
- Oversee the Finance and Operations Assistant in procuring office services, such as cleaning, internet, security costs, office supplies and equipment.
- Take responsibility for office safety, medical, and security trainings.
- Oversee the IT services, including liaising with the IT Service Provider to manage staff IT support requests.
- Maintain fleet documents
- Maintain an up-to-date asset register of all programme assets (including laptops).
- Support the response to any security incidents, including acting within the Incident Management Team (IMT) when requested.
- Support the Team Leader and Project Director on updates to security policies and processes on an ad hoc basis.
- Rapidly inform SMT of any urgent security updates and arising issues and advise of any urgent action to be taken
- For events, coordinate security of any incoming international experts, event guests, and Cowater personnel and property
- Proactively communicate security-related information and updates to the team, serving as Security Focal Point for the project
Reporting Lines and Managerial Responsibilities
- This role reports to the Project Manager.
This role will be full-time for the duration of the project.
This position will be based in Ramallah.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
We welcome applications from candidates of any and all backgrounds. We anticipate that successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Degree in any relevant .
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive experience in procurement, operations management and/or financial management, preferably with working with donor-funding programming
- Deep and demonstrated understanding of the Palestinian context, including significant experience delivering donor-funded programmes in Palestine.
- Results-focused and team-oriented
- Takes initiative to identify and anticipate needs and make recommendations for implementation;
- Experience in the management of administrative and reporting processes and procedures;
- Management of relevant tendering, contract, and procurement processes;
- Management of recruitment processes and human resources management
- Demonstrated experience in managing an operations team including performance management;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively broker, collaborate and build positive working relationships with a variety of stakeholders to achieve agreed deliverables and performance objectives;
- Demonstrated experience working in a role with significant security functions
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities within a dynamic environment;
- Ability to identify opportunities for operational efficiencies and process improvements;
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in Arabic and English
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, no later than 16.00 Sunday 1 December 2023. To apply, please submit a short CV and cover letter to [email protected], with the subject line 'HR and Operations Lead Application'.
Cowater International is an equal opportunity employer, basing employment on merit and qualifications as they relate to professional experience and position expectations. Cowater does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, disability, age, or any other basis protected by law.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Cowater International is a leading global development consulting company founded in 1985. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada and with corporate hubs in Montreal, Canada, Brussels, Belgium, and London UK. Cowater International has successfully delivered a portfolio of over 2500 projects and assignments in more than 95 countries. We work with governments, private sector actors and communities implementing projects that support socio-economic development, institutional strengthening, environmental improvements and advance equal opportunities for all. We are a diverse and experienced team committed to building a better tomorrow for the people we serve. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our yearly award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2017.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.