Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
In order to support the Head of HR department in GIZ Office at the German House we are looking for a
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to:
Human Resources responsibilities:
- Support Head of HR department in organising the recruitment and hiring process in cooperation with relevant staff members in accordance with GIZ standards.
- Evaluate applications received and shortlists candidates on the basis of the requirements or hiring criteria and obtains references.
- Organise personnel selection (e.g. applicant interviews) and advises if necessary on selection
- Support in maintaining information on hiring conditions for national personnel (remuneration system, salary groups, model job descriptions, labour law etc.).
- Notify unsuccessful applicants, documents the selection process, archives the documentation, and enter the data in existing HRM systems.
- Ensure contract processing and assists staff on the related HR matters.
- Determine the appropriate contract based on national labour law and the material and formal condition (limited/unlimited employment contract, distinction from appraiser contract, internship etc.)
- Assist in drawing up the employment contract on the basis of the standard GIZ contract, local hiring condition and the contents of the advertisement
- Perform electronic archiving on the Digital Management System (DMS) for all national personnel files, which includes scanning and filing documents as required and treating them with confidentially in line with GIZ’s filling rules.
- Deal with the organisational and administrative stages in processing, e.g. monthly update of entries in SAP-HR for national personnel
- Support in scheduling arrangements for meetings, interviews, exams, etc., held by the Human Resources Department.
- Assist in writing and updating the employment Handbook with relevant HR documents in consultation with a lawyer specialising in labour law.
- Completeness of confidential personnel files, employee records and ensure personnel files are up to date.
- Deputizing the Head of HR department and other HR team members during their absence.
- Perform other duties and correspondences related to HR matters as requested by the Head of HR department/ GIZ Management.
- The HR Officer will be responsible for analyzing the needs (based on GIZ rules, work procedures, tax and labor laws and regulations) and developing solutions including templates, excel and other tools. This requires the ability to use advanced formulas and features in MS excel and other relevant application.
- S/he will be also responsible to follow-up changes to the respective regulations and update the existing tools and/or develop new tools and solutions.
- S/he will be responsible to present the solutions to the management and other relevant parties when asked to do so. This requires the ability to use advanced presentation tools and visual aids (charts, graphs, figures…etc).
Handling Income Tax issues
- S/he will be responsible to prepare, submit and archive all income tax documents as required by the Palestine Laws and GIZ rules and regulations.
- S/he will participate in meetings with the income tax authorities regarding any tax issues related to GIZ and/or its national personnel.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- BA/MSc in Human Resources management, business administration, or a relevant field.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in a comparable position preferably in international organizations.
- Proven experience with Palestine tax laws notably income tax.
- Working knowledge of Palestine Labour Law.
- Strong analytical and logical-reasoning skills.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and other related applications. This includes, but is not limited to, strong ability to write formulas to make complex computations, protect forms, validate results/ cross checking, use Mail Merge, prepare Cockpit views…etc.
- Basic knowledge of IT (software functionality, mapping of process... etc) will be a definite asset.
- Strictly maintain confidentiality in handling all HR issues.
- Ability to manage different and multiple tasks and to deliver in a short period of time.
- Ability to evaluate and apply HR procedures to ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Ability to evaluate and recommend appropriate HR interventions.
- Proficient understanding of employment and local labour law.
- Negotiation, critical thinking & Persuasion skills.
- Strong Passion for complex problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Fluent in English and Arabic (both orally and in writing).
- Ability to professionally write in both languages in a concise and easy-to-follow manner.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Assignment: ASAP, one year contract with possibility of extension.
As an equal opportunity employer, GIZ stands for inclusion and diversity and does not discriminate against applicants for employment because of their gender, disability, age, religion, or ethnic origin. GIZ offers an attractive and challenging work environment with opportunities for personal and professional development
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and a one-page cover letter, no later than 14th of October 2021 at 4:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “HR Officer”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted to sit for a written exam. Only candidates who perform well in the written examination will be invited to the interviews.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form