Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. PUI’s strategy focuses on providing support to populations affected by the coercive environment and subsequent violations of IHL/HR in both the West Bank (WB) and the Gaza Strip (GS). It combined several sectors to prevent the loss of livelihoods and displacements of population as a consequence of protection threats, lack of services (Health, Education, WASH), and lack of access to agricultural lands or job opportunities.
HR Officer objective is to provide concrete recommendations on the overall HR system of the organization, including a salary/compensation and benefits survey and a proposal for the design of fair and sound salary scale and job descriptions. The scope of this process shall be in line and guided by the human resources documents archived in PUI’s server and by having a benchmarks from the Palestinian market.
Reports to: Admin Coordinator
Duration: 3 months
Develop a comprehensive pack of HR Policies and Procedures:
- Review the present national staff HR policies and practices of the PUI mission in Opt, with a focus on the consistency of HR policies and practices, including, but not limited to, recruitment, compensation, benefits, promotion, termination, conflict of interest and discrimination) across the Gaza and WB offices and how PUI can have one institutional approach, while ensuring that local laws are followed for instance the Palestinian labor law and social security law.
- Collect all other HR and internal regulation polices in PUI, streamline them to avoid duplication and present the relevant policies to the bases.
- Based on the review, propose and develop comprehensive pack of HR Policies and Procedures; including a human resources management system in compliance with those.
- Ensure that all policies are in 2 languages Arabic & English.
- Present the final approved policies to the 2 bases in WB and Gaza, by drafting a presentation plan and material.
- Couching the bases admin/HR persons on how to present the different policies for the new comers.
Recommendations on salary scale and job positions
- Review the PUI staffing and organogram and make recommendation of staffing gradations appropriate for an organisation of this size and type. It implies to identify essential and desirable competencies and skill per position and gradations.
- Propose a new salary structure, based on the analysis of what in place, comparing remuneration package locally (both in Gaza Strip and West Bank including Jerusalem)
- Design, recommend and implement a transparent staff performance management system which is linked to a training programme and incentive systems. It should be based on the PUI Appraisal Performance format.
- Review the existing career development policy and suggest changes or devise a suitable promotion policy and rewards/incentives system for good performance in accordance with PUI policies.
- Identify areas of responsibility regarding HR matters, regarding national and expat staff and propose a system of HR management (1. HR staff at Mission level; 2. Tasks related to expatriate staff at Mission level and propose ways to systematize capitalization of this info to be eventually shared with HQ).
Main expected achievements:
- Cleaned and updated National HR policy that match with the Palestinian labor law and legalizations in both Arabic & English.
- An arranged and cleaned group of other polices related to HR that PUI is currently using are presented and available for all PUI staff in both Arabic & English.
- Comprehensiveness of manual on the functions, role & responsibilities of PUI personnel in Opt.
- New salary scale that meet the need of the PUI based on the benchmark in the market and also based on the profiles.
- Performance and promotion management system: with rewards/incentives system, quality of staff performance management system, remuneration system that is used by similar organization.
The officer will work in close collaboration with the HR Team under Admin department. S/he will report to the Admin Coordinator. The Officer will be required to spend a reasonable time in PUI’s offices in Ramallah, Nablus and Gaza.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- The Officer will have not less than 5 years’ experience in human resource management or Public Administration and INGOs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or any related field
- Experience of working on HR issues within INGOs.
- At least 3 years managerial experience dealing with team and organizational building, preferably in the INGOs;
- A knowledge of modern Human Resources Development techniques and an understanding of organizational theory and practice with regard to the INGOs.
- Experience in dealing with INGOs or Donor Funded Projects an advantage;
- Excellent skills in project management demonstrated in previous jobs;
- Proven track record in working effectively within multidisciplinary teams.
- Computer proficiency in standard office applications (Spread sheets, word processing, Internet Explorer);
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team building skills; and
- Fluency in English.
PUI provides a work environment that reflects the values of integrity, diversity and gender equality. Therefore, we strongly encourage applications from women and underrepresented cultural or social groups.
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit a cover letter and a detailed resume including 3 professional supervisory references (whom we may contact).
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please submit your application before September 25, 2018, by sending an email to: [email protected]. Please indicate the Position Title in the E-mail subject line.