Established in 2006 as an independent non-profit nongovernmental organization, the NGO Development Center (NDC) provides financial and technical support to CSOs through its various programs and grant-making schemes. The Human Rights Program is one of NDC’s main programs.
The overall objective of the Human Rights Program is to contribute to the effective realization of adherence to human rights (HR) and international humanitarian law (IHL) in Palestine. To that end the Human Rights Program will provide financial support to civil society organisations working towards achieving the overall objective.
The HR/IHL Officer will be the focal person for the Human Rights Program and will be responsible for the overall coordination of the Program and will ensure the achievement of its objectives. He/She will be based at NDC main office in Al-Ram, and will be required to travel throughout the West Bank and Jerusalem; and will maintain direct contact with the NDC Gaza team working on this program. The HR/IHL Officer reports to the NDC Director or his designee.
The post requires high-level expertise in all aspects of projects/programs management as well as expert knowledge of the human rights and international humanitarian law sector in the context of the oPt.
- Serve as the focal person with the partner CSOs within the overall management of the Human Rights Program, working closely and in coordination with the NDC team, the partner CSOs, as well as represent a valuable resource in the field of human rights and related policy matters.
- Develop detailed periodic activity plans and budgets as required.
- Ensure the flow of information and adequate communication between grant recipient CSOs and NDC; providing recipient CSOs with information and guidance regarding the program implementation, its policies and procedures.
- Communicate the Core Funding application process to the CSOs including the eligibility criteria and the guidelines.
- Carry out the appraisal/assessment of applications for grants submitted by CSOs and engage with the assessment team in making recommendations to the Technical Assessment Committee (TAC).
- Monitor grant implementation and ensure adherence to overall program objectives, CSOs’ strategic plans, work plans, budgets, planned outputs and outcomes, etc.
- In coordination with the Finance Manager, track budget allocations and programs expenditures and process payments to CSOs in accordance with the agreed upon terms of the signed agreements with the partner CSOs.
- Initiate meetings and forums for networking, coordination, sharing of experiences and advocacy among HR/IHL CSOs and attend the different events that are carried out by the partner CSOs.
- Identify technical assistance needs of the partners CSOs and plan the implementation of technical assistance interventions.
- Identify coordination initiatives and issues and actions among CSOs and other stakeholders in the HR/IHL sector to be taken up in policy dialogue discussions.
- Actively participate in quarterly and annual technical and policy dialogue meetings, prepare all required documents, record meeting minutes and follow up on actions with regular updates.
- Review and approve grants recipients reports, and periodic reports identifying achievements, problems faced and proposed solutions.
- Prepare periodic progress reports, in coordination with the other team members, in addition to the preparation of the end of phase report, in line with the agreed formats.
- Engage external consultants as necessary, prepare Terms of Reference and manage the consultancy assignments and the consultants engaged.
- Prepare concept notes/position papers to respond to emerging needs in the HR/IHL sector and provide conceptual forward planning as required.
- Assume any other related activities as requested by the Director.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- M.A. or equivalent in human rights, law, social studies, development, or related fields.
- Expert knowledge of the HR/IHL sector in the oPt.
- Particular experience working with programs related to HR/IHL CSOs.
- Proven record in effectively coordinating programs of similar nature.
- Excellent facilitation skills, project management, monitoring, supervision and provision of technical assistance.
- Ability to coordinate and follow up multiple projects.
- Strong communication and writing skills in Arabic and English.
- Advanced computer skills
- Valid Jerusalem driving license.
Interested candidates shall fill the online job application form available on NDC website: www.ndc.ps/node/add/job-application , no later than Monday, February 8, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.