Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organization working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Jerusalem office a
HR and Administrative Assistant
For a period of initial 12 months, with possibility of extension
The HR and Administrative Assistant will provide support to the functioning of the mission and the programmes under the supervision of the HR Manager.
Objective 1: Human Resources Administrative Management
- Participate in the mission recruitment process by preparing documents and obtaining necessary approvals (recruitment request, job announcements, job offers etc), sending formal communications to candidates, responding to candidates enquiries, performing selection of CVs, interviewing candidates and taking minutes of interviews and meetings upon need.
- Prepare under the supervision of the HR Manager all national staff employment contracts, contract amendments and contract extensions.
- Follow-up new hires orientation by receiving and providing all documents needed upon the arrival of each new staff member and supporting in the coordination of the briefing agendas.
- Follow-up and update on regular basis, the Jerusalem employees’ files, and make sure that all documents are available, signed and correctly archived (digital and physical).
- Upload all necessary information and documents in the organization’s online HR system.
- Follow-up the mission workmen and personal accidents Insurances.
- Follow-up the attendance software of Jerusalem employees.
- Check and validate each employee monthly attendance report versus leaves and overtime requests’ hard copies.
- Manage the Jerusalem staff leaves according to the Internal Regulations.
- Prepare the Jerusalem monthly payrolls, salary advances and consolidate the West Bank and Gaza Payrolls under the supervision of the HR Manager.
- Distribute monthly salary slips to Jerusalem employees and the bases.
- Coordinate and follow-up with the tax advisor to prepare the insurance and income tax for Jerusalem employees and the income tax for the West Bank and Gaza employees in coordination with the Administrative and Accounting Officer.
- Support the HR Manager in the follow-up of the implementation of the Annual Training Plan, Action Against Hunger’s training platform and the annual Performance Appraisals upon request and when needed.
- Follow-up on B1 visa application and renewal process for expatriates including recommendation letters.
- Update and follow up leaves and breaks for expatriates according to the expatriates’ benefits policy.
- Follow-up the expatriates advances and upload them in the system correctly.
Objective 2: Compliance and other administrative tasks
- Answer incoming telephone calls and give information to callers, take messages or transfer calls to appropriate individuals in the absence of the Administrative and Accounting Officer.
- Type and send letters on request or as required.
- Copy and scan documents as required.
- Translate documents as required.
- Scan and upload documents in the organization’s online HR system and Microsoft teams
- Respond to inquiries of internal and/or external auditors.
- Participate in weekly base meetings.
- Prepare weekly workplan
- Send HR Monthly report on time to HR Manager.
- Any duties that are inherent to the position and requested according to the missions’ needs and context.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
rofile of the Candidate:
- Required: BA degree in business administration, HR or any related field.
- Basic knowledge of HR Administrative Management.
- Minimum 1-year experience in HR/Administration related field.
- Experience in similar role working with international or national INGOs.
- Motivation and commitment to humanitarian work.
- Good communication and organization skills.
- Fluent in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English
- Advanced Windows MS Office user, medium level of MS Excel compulsory.
- Ability to travel occasionally to the bases (Gaza, Hebron).
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click on Apply Now -تقدم الان لهذه الوظيفة to access to the service
Applications will be accepted up to and including Friday the 13th of November 2020.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.