Rights Respected, People Protected
Since 2009, NRC has been providing humanitarian assistance and promoting respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. Through our work across the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, we protect and assist Palestinians affected by, or threatened with, displacement. We provide legal counselling to promote human rights, and work to improve shelter, water and sanitation facilities and essential services. We support the provision of quality education, with a focus on psychosocial support for children and teachers, and help communities prepare for, and respond to, emergencies. We advocate for the rights of displaced Palestinians locally and internationally. We invest in coordination mechanisms to help improve the effectiveness and responsiveness of humanitarian action across Palestine.
The purpose of Information, Counselling ,and Legal Assistance Technical Officer Position is to conduct ICLA field activities in WB including East Jerusalem and focal point for IPs / consultants.
Generic responsibilities :
1-Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards
2-Ensure compliance with ICLA strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards
3-ICLA specific technical responsibility for implementation of technical activities of ICLA project(s)
4-ICLA specific technical responsibility for tracking of financial expenditures for technical activities of ICLA project(s)
5-ICLA specific technical responsibility for the quality control and monitoring of project activities
6-ICLA specific technical responsibility for project documentation of technical activities of ICLA project(s)
7-Provide specific technical support and capacity building towards project staff
8-Provide specific technical analysis and feedback to NRC representatives in coordination forums
9-Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
10-Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
11-Promote the rights of beneficiaries in line with the advocacy strategy
Specific responsibilities :
1-Provide technical and legal support and policy advice on housing, land and property, as well as freedom of movement and residency issues
2-Conduct ICLA field activities including beneficiary outreach and follow up, information sessions, legal counselling and referral services and trainings
3-Draft legal documents, factsheets, case studies and analysis
4-Data entry into ICLA database
5-Coordination of ICLA implementing partners and consultants, including drafting agreements, follow up on progress against targets and monthly reports content including quality assurance of services provided and deliverables
6-Walk in clients’ intake
7-Provide post demolition legal counselling and fill in relevant data.
8-Any other related tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- University degree in law, Masters in Law is an advantage
- Israeli Bar Registration or Palestinian Bar Registration with proven knowledge of Israeli domestic law
- 5 years’ of experience in legal practice
- Knowledge of housing, land and property law and freedom of movement and residency law
- Expertise in policy advice and analysis
- Experience in delivering training services
- Good legal drafting skills
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of the context in Palestine
- Fluency in Hebrew, Arabic and English, both written and verbal
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments
- Contract period: 1 year renewable contract
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions.
- Duty station: Jerusalem
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة