Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The “Risk Management office” supports all projects of the German state development cooperation (GIZ, KfW, PTB) and fulfills tasks to support the delivery capability and the best possible guarantee of personal security of its clientele. The RMO provide services in three fields of action: (1) information and advice, (2) fleet management and coordination of missions, and (3) crisis prevention and management.
The programme “Transitional Aid East Jerusalem” focuses on strengthening the resilience of young people in East Jerusalem through support to formal and informal educational institutions and providing practical trainings amongst others. The project is currently in a pilot phase and change offer will be submitted; hence the job description might need to be adapted over time
In order to achieve our mission, we are looking for a full-time (100%) position
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Cleans the office premises, rooms, furniture, carpets and windows
- Checks and refills supplies in all areas, including office supplies and articles in the washrooms and WCs
- Sets up and prepares the conference rooms as instructed
- Provides services at meetings, e.g. serves coffee and tea for guests and visitors as per request and in coordination with the other Housekeepers & the receptionist regulated in the weekly plan
- Reports if stocks, e.g. of beverages are low, and need to be replaced
- Cleans the GH premises, rooms, furniture, as per integrated weekly plan in coordination with the other Housekeeper.
- Ensures the availability of supplies in all lavatories
- Assists in the logistical management of the meeting room(s) in cooperation and coordination with the other Housekeeper and under the responsibility of the inviting program staff.
- Meets guests and visitors with a friendly demeanour upon request and due to general rule set for the shared meeting rooms
The weekly plan shall be elaborated by the involved responsible Administrators jointly.
- Reports major damages of office premises and equipment
- Assists in and/or carries out other activities and tasks, as assigned
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Primary school education
- At least 1-3 years’ work experience in a comparable position with references
- Ideally, a knowledge of German, or the European language widely used in the country
- Sensitivity in handling and disposing of documents which may be important
- Reliability and good organisational skills, appropriate appearance and clothing
- Jerusalem ID holder since the work will be in Jerusalem.
Assignment: Starting ASAP. 12 months contract with possible extension, GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and cover letter, no later than 28th of September 2020 at 16:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Housekeeper”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form