A highly qualified, experienced, and dynamic Health, Safety and Security professional to provide support to our teams in Palestine Office.
The successful candidate will ensure compliance with NRC HSS minimum standards and in reducing the overall risk on NRC operations across the country. This includes developing and updating HSS strategies, plans, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), as well as providing HSS mitigation measures for safe and secure program access. The HSS Manager is also responsible for coordinating and conduct mandatory and other tailored training courses for the country office and area office.
What you will do:
- Monitor and analyze the context (overall security situation, risks, and most likely scenarios), ensuring reliable security information as basis for informed decision-making.
- Work with management to ensure that the relevant mitigation measures are in place in the field and within our processes to reduce risks to an acceptable level.
- Work with management to ensure that all staff give their informed consent based on briefing upon arrival and that updates are regularly shared on security situations.
- Ensure that Duty of Care (DoC) HSS standards are upheld at all times and that corrective measures are implemented when weaknesses are identified in collaboration with HR.
- Work with the Country Management Group (CMG) on emergency preparedness as it pertains to programmes, providing oversight and technical support regarding security and emergency evacuations.
- As a key member of the Crisis Management Team (CMT), provide sustained support to operational teams and management during an incident.
- Contribute to improve humanitarian access for NRC operations across Palestine by providing technical support on tools and strategies, ensuring capacity building for field staff and supporting Area Managers (Ams) and programme / support staff in managing access related incidents.
- Act as HSS Department lead, establishing department objectives, directly managing HSS staff at Country Office (CO) level and ensuring coordination, harmonized systems and regular exchanges across the CO and Area Offices (AOs).
- Support Partnership Coordinator in ensuring NRC’s partners have solid HSS management system in place also conducting capacity building activities when relevant.
- Facilitate ongoing culture of learning as it relates to health, safety and security and arrange for ongoing training including Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT), on-site training, etc. in line with NRC policies.
- Network, communicate and cooperate with relevant external HSS actors and pursue and develop relationships with a variety of stakeholders to increase and maintain humanitarian access.
- Contribute to NRC’s Risk Management process supporting Risk and Compliance Coordinator and other Risk Owners in identifying, assessing, and managing organizational risks.
- Representing NRC in HSS working groups
Please download the detailed job description to learn more about the position.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
What you will bring:
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior Security Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience of working in complex and volatile contexts. Experience in the Middle East is preferable.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile with documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Experience in working with civilian and military interlocutors.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Knowledge of Arabic and/or Hebrew is a plus.
What we offer:
- Duty station: Gaza or Jerusalem. (Will currently be based in Jerusalem, but will be moved to Gaza once security conditions allow).
- Contract: 12 months (Renewal is subject to performance and funds availability)
- Travel: 40% (to NRC operating locations)
- Salary/benefits: grade 9 on NRC’s salary scale, with accompanying terms and conditions
- NRC is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity without distinction to age, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
- We think outside the box, encourage ideas, and give responsibility to all employees at all levels. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
When creating your profile, include your full name as given on your national identification card. Complete all the system-required fields for experience, employment history and educationز
- Submit your application and CV in English, taking care to attach your latest CV.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum standards in terms of experience or qualifications will generally not be considered. Unsolicited applications not related to this specific job advertisement will not be considered.
- We receive many applications for each vacant position and so only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We invite applications from all qualified and interested candidates. Send in your application by latest November 22, 2023.
- If you have any questions about this role, please email [email protected] with the job title as the subject line.
Learn more about NRC's operations in Palestine here.