Médecins Sans Frontières “Doctors Without Borders” is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed, or political affiliation.
MSF-France is currently seeking to hire a HEALTH PROMOTER IEC OFFICER
Activity Rate: full time
Location: Gaza, Palestine
Activity: Burns and violence related Trauma
Deadline to apply: 28th September (Thursday) 2023 at 16:00 h
Implement Health Promotion/IEC (Information, Education, Communication) activities with patients and local population to raise their knowledge and skills on relevant medical topics.
- Inform patients and communities about MSF and services it provides.
- According to medical priorities, deliver information to the patients and community on specific health topics
- Implement activities of health education and awareness (sessions in schools, churches, community), under the indica-tions and supervision of the HP Supervisor
- Under the guide of HP Supervisor, assess the impact of activities (with questions, verifications and behaviors observa-tions), and report problems, success and constraints to him/her
- Collect all type of information related to specific health and living conditions of the population, in particular to identify the most vulnerable populations to target
- Report to HP Supervisor: activities, problems met, strengths and constraints
- Refer patients to PSS team to the First Individual Assessment
- Develop network with other NGOs, CBO’s Medical Facilities and other Actors
- Update the map of local authorities, other NGOs, and governmental health services in order to consolidate the network and to work with the community through other actors
- Contact patients to follow up, and evaluate their needs for more information and education sessions
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for the activities of the HP team
- Take care of materials and equipment in order to ensure continuity and activities
- Keep records, statistics and files updated, reporting any HP activities, in order to prioritize and develop appropriate pro-grams and activities
- Evaluate HP activities, and TPE program using evaluation tools under supervision of HP supervisor
- Plan, support and provide health education messages to individuals and groups
- Respect medical privacy and confidentiality
- Provide information to the vulnerable groups on health promotion needs during their outreach activities
- Participate in the HP team meetings
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential: Education level in any medical background
Desirable: MSF training on health messages is asset
Essential: Minimum two years of previous experience in health promotion, patient education, or community mobilization with international or national NGO’s
Desirable: MSF experience is asset
Essential: Arabic (Native level) and intermediate level of English
Essential: Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Desirable: Knowledge of Adobe is asset
Essential: Results and Quality Orientation Teamwork Cooperation, Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles, Stress Management, Rigorous and organized
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV with a Motivation letter (Not only a cover letter), relevant diplomas, and work certificates via email to:
Stating the job title in the subject line: 20230928_ HEALTH PROMOTER IEC OFFICER
Applicants currently under work contracts with governmental bodies will not be taken into consideration for this recruitment process.
- Only applications in English will be taken into consideration.
- Incomplete applications and applications submitted after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
MSF does not demand nor accept any type of payment for job applications