Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières France
No 08/2021 HEALTH PROMOTER IEC OFFICER- Gaza Project
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Implement Health Promotion/IEC (Information, Education, Communication) activities with patients and local population to raise their knowledge and skills on relevant medical topics.
Place of work: MSF Clinics/ IPD
Starting date: 22/06/2021
No of Jobs: 2
Working Hours: 8 hours per day, 182 hours per month.
Job Shift: from Sunday to Thursday 08:00-16:30
Contract Duration: 3 months contract, possibility of renewal.
Required Travel: No travel will be required but mobility across Gaza may be requested based on operational need.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inform patients and communities about MSF and services it provides.
- According to medical priorities, deliver information to the patients and community on specific health topics
- Implement activities of health education and awareness (sessions in schools, community), under the indications and supervision of the HP Supervisor.
- Under the guide of HP Supervisor, assess the impact of activities (with questions, verifications and behaviours observations), and report problems, success and constraints to him/her.
- Identify patient’s needs and refer him/her to other departments in MSF including PSS team, and medical team.
- Collect all type of information related to specific health and living conditions of the population, in particular to identify the most vulnerable populations to target.
- Report to HP Supervisor: activities, problems met, strengths and constraints.
- Establish and maintain contacts with other stakeholders including other NGO’s, governmental health services, CBO’s and community leaders that can provide assistance in community awareness campaigns.
- Providing TPE program and health education sessions in IPD and OPD using MSF tools, materials, with respect to the process and in accordance to patient’s and project's need.
- Adapt all HP activities to remote work during lockdown under supervision of HP supervisor.
- Responsibility for the material needed for activities and storage.
- Develop network with other NGOs, CBO’s Medical Facilities and other Actors that work in health promotion and patient education.
- Update the map of local authorities, other NGOs, and governmental health services in order to consolidate the network and to work in health promotion with the community through other actors.
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for the activities of the HP team.
- Take care of materials and equipment in order to ensure continuity and activities.
- Keep records, statistics and files updated, reporting any HP activities, in order to prioritize and develop appropriate programs and activities.
- Evaluate HP activities, and TPE program using evaluation tools under supervision of HP supervisor.
- Plan, support and provide health education messages to individuals and groups.
- Respect medical privacy and confidentiality.
- Provide information to the vulnerable groups on health promotion needs during their outreach activities.
- Participate in the HP team meetings.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Education level in social science, social communication, nursing, any medical background or teaching
- It is necessary an internal MSF training on health messages.
- Minimum two years of previous experience in health promotion, patient education, or community mobilization with international or national NGO’s
- Local language essential, mission language highly desirable
- Result oriented.
- Stress Management
Applicants must show their willingness by submitting an updated CV with Motivation Letter, Diploma and Certifications attached, no later than the 08 June 2021 at 16:00 pm to the following email address
stating the job title in the subject line:
‘No 08/2021 HEALTH PROMOTER IEC OFFICER- Gaza Project’
ONLY APPLICATIONS IN ENGLISH AND WITH THE ABOVE MAIL TITLE WILL BE CONSIDERED VALID