DanChurchAid and Norwegian Church Aid joint country program in Palestine is looking for a
Head of Programme
About DanChurchAid (DCA) and Norwegian Church Aid (NCA).
DanChurchAid (DCA) and Norwegian Church Aid are non-governmental organisations. Both are members of the ACT Alliance and work primarily with local partners, international networks, churches and non-religious civil organizations. In Palestine the two organisations have merged their longstanding engagements into one country programme and one country team with offices in East Jerusalem and Gaza. The Joint Country Programme (JCP) supports around 20 partners and their projects through a team of 15 staff and annual turnover of approx. USD 6.5 mio. We manage contracts from the Danish and Norwegian governments, the European Union, the UN and other donors. Our work aims to fight extreme inequality, build resilient communities and save lives through humanitarian response programming.
Head of Programme (HoP).
DCA is looking for a team leader with strong facilitation skills and programmatic experience. The Head of Programme will be part of the Country Office management team.
As Head of Programme you will ensure the overall responsibility for the implementation of the Joint Country Programme and the quality of the projects and identify and respond to funding opportunities within the scope of the country programme strategy.
The Country Programme focus on strengthening community resilience and protection, climate smart economic empowerment, humanitarian response, international advocacy and support to local civil society (DCA/NCA partners). The HoP is involved in strategic development and plays a key role in fundraising, quality assurance and smooth implementation of the programme. The HoP has the responsibility for management of the programme team, delegates work and ensures that policies, formats, procedures and systems are known and implemented correctly. The HoP is overall responsible for meeting internal & external deadlines.
- You think strategically and understand the context. You deliver to the programme objectives.
- You are charismatic. You think innovatively and can support project staff design projects with partners.
- You naturally motivate your team members to perform beyond expectations. You can write grant winning proposals and concise, convincing reports.
- You are well organised. And you have a good memory and good humour.
- You will ensure that DCA policies, procedures and systems are used. You are responsible for compliance and programme quality assurance of internal and external reporting.
Main tasks for the position:
- Ensure a strong and well-functioning programme team; Provide support in form of coordination, planning, prioritisation, coaching and supervision to all programme staff.
- Quality assurance of all programme and project work, including development of project proposals, fundraising and reporting to donors in accordance with DCA policies and procedures.
- Ensure good collaboration between the programme team and the finance team based on clarity about divisions of roles and responsibilities and strong commitment to mutual support and teamwork.
- Together with the programme team and other colleagues, support partner organisations in identifying capacity gaps and facilitate training and other means of enhancing the quality of project design, implementation and management, as well as general compliance to back donor requirements.
- Support organisational development of partner organisations.
- Maintain an active network of external stakeholders (UN, NGO, civil society)
- Ensure that lessons learned are collected, shared and used within the programme.
- Secure a strong mainstreaming of rights-based approach, accountability and gender equality perspectives within the programme and projects.
- Maintain overview of the partnership portfolio as well as of the work with partners on accountability and transparency commitments.
- Contribute to the consolidation and smooth management of the joint DCA/NCA office.
- Frequent travel to Gaza and the West Bank as well as abroad.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Key qualifications / Experience expected/ Education:
We are looking for a candidate who can fully embody DCA’s key management values of being Compassionate, Proactive, Responsible and Respectful.
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Science.
- At least 5 years’ experience in project management and fundraising in INGO sector.
- Demonstrated capacity to organise and lead teams effectively and sustainably.
- Strong, convincing writer.
- Track record in developing/designing innovative projects.
- Strong contextual understanding of the Palestinian context
- Strong analytical skills, capacity for strategic planning.
- Success in writing grants-winning proposals and donor approved reports.
- Skilled in prioritising tasks, planning and organising team efforts to meet objectives and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and capacity to work through partners.
- Relevant academic degree in the fields of business administration, human rights or social sciences with study or work abroad experience appreciated.
- Experience in leading an emergency response.
- Good professional networks in Palestine.
- Strong language skills in English and Arabic.
- Knowledge of DCA’s way of working, systems and procedures is an advantage.
- Meaningful, professional, dynamic and pleasant work place.
- Competitive compensation.
- Work station: Jerusalem
- Duration: Open Ended.
- Contract Type: Full time (35 hours/week), only for locals and follows the Local Staff Manual.
Please upload your CV and a cover letter that includes justification of interest no later than May 14th midnight. Click on Appy Now - below
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. The interviews will be conducted during the second half of May. Note that all interested candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation.
By applying for any job in DCA you accept to comply with our policies for prevention of sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment as well as child protection