About Human Appeal
Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for Head of Gaza to be based at our Gaza office. This is a 12 month local fixed term contract, with potential for permanent role depending on availability of funding. You will be reporting to the HQ Programme.
Human Appeal is a non-profit organisation working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s fight against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and the establishment of self-sustaining development programmes, we aim to invest in real, effective solutions.
We work year-round to establish healthcare, water and sanitation- WASH, education, and livelihood programmes that pave the way for empowered, self-serving communities. We also provide food, medical aid, and disaster relief during emergencies, a critical intervention that saves lives.
Please note this role is open to candidates with right to work in Gaza.
Main Job Purpose
Provide overall management of Gaza Operation in accordance with organisational strategies, by actively networking with external stakeholders to explore potential resources and programme opportunities, as well as appraising performances and drafting programme case studies to assure high quality of daily operations and projects.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Lead Gaza office program by maintaining open and professional relations with colleagues, promoting a strong team spirit and providing guidance, oversight and resources to enable staff to perform successfully.
- Ensure that Human Appeal remains a partner of choice for major international donors.
- Develop and maintain a high level of understanding of donor priorities and planned funding.
- Initiate and sustain strong, mutually beneficial and authentic partnerships with (Gaza) Palestine organizations.
- Seek out and pursue opportunities to raise the profile of the work of the Human Appeal and its partners in Palestine, as well as the lives and the needs of the people the HUMAN APPEAL seeks to serve.
- Play a leadership role in efforts to improve humanitarian response coordination and play an active role in the Humanitarian Country Team.
- Lead Gaza program collaboration with colleagues in the Human Appeal’s Regional Response to deliver regional programming and advocacy.
Stewardship and Operational Management
- Drive operational excellence to achieve optimal efficiency and cost-effectiveness in all functions and operations of the country program.
- Oversee the deployment and utilization of financial and operational policies, procedures, and systems to deliver compliance with Human Appeal and donor requirements.
- Ensure responsiveness and appropriate levels of in-person support, especially in the areas of HR, finance and supply chain.
- Ensure effective collaboration with West Bank sub office to ensure optimization and efficiency.
Programme Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Ensure effective and continuous monitoring of the appropriateness, effectiveness, impact and direction programmes implemented by HA
- Participate in the appraisal process and ensure that agreed objectives are achieved, taking responsibility for directing own learning and development activities (e.g. private study, e-learning)
- Ensure timely reporting from all Projects Functions (Finance, M&E, and Logistic).
- Conducting regular field visits to ensure effective implementation of projects activities
Local Fundraising & Liaison with Funders/Donors
- Ensure a regular flow of information is available to the funding departments and to donors and official funders as required by the various funding mechanisms.
- Establish and develop working relationships with key donors and actively develop local funding sources appropriate to resource needs.
- Contribute in reviewing, designing & implementing project proposals and concepts for granting/funding organisations and institutions
- Collaborate with West Bank office in order to maximize funding opportunity and cooperation in the best interests.
- Provide governance support and coordination with West Bank office in order to maximize potential and ensure best practice/due diligence.
Financial Management & Control
- Ensure that the control of expenditure and the disbursement of resources are in accordance with established procedures and maintain the financial and legal integrity of the organization.
- Maintain effective and coordinated budget monitoring processes for grant funds and discretionary funds.
- Provide progress and financial reports as required by the government and accountability procedures and as required by other organizations.
- Provide timely and effective oversight of the original program’s financial position.
Human Resource Development & Management
- Maintain effective and appropriate staff recruitment, induction, appraisal, remuneration and development practice at all levels to ensure the optimum utilization and development of HA’s human resources.
- Appoint, develop and manage senior management staff. Ensure a high caliber of staff is recruited while promoting affirmative action within the organisation.
- Encourage a corporate perspective amongst staff and actively promote staff exchange, and development schemes, where these contribute to the meeting of HA programme objectives and priorities
Security and Health Safety:
- Maintain an overview of political and security context through develop and update security and evacuation procedures and plan to ensure all staff adhere to health and safety guidelines, ie to introduce efficiencies and eliminate redundancies in existing business process.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Experience and Technical Competencies
- A post-graduate degree in development, international relations or related field
- At least ten years’ experience in managing humanitarian operations and development.
- Experience in budgeting, tracking, and balancing.
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills, strong capacity for networking
- working with iNGOs in Palestine and Knowledge of basic regulatory guidelines/laws
- Good Computer skills in Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required
We are looking for immediate hires so for the best chance of success please APPLY TODAY as we will be reviewing candidates on a rolling basis.
Please make sure to upload your CV and Cover Letter outlining how your experience, skills, qualification and professional background fit with the position requirements in your application.