Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
To support the Joint programmes under the Sustainable Economic Development Cluster, we are looking for a full time (100%)
“Grant and Local Subsidy Officer”
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Advises and supports Partner organizations in preparing the documents required for Grant Agreements’, Financing agreements and Local subsidies’ financial reporting.
- Creates a well-functioning knowledge and monitoring system for the Grants, Local Subsidies concluded in the SED cluster (data base for Financing arrangements, Schedule of Financial disbursements, reporting dates. etc).
- Provides full orientation to partner organizations on how to deal with Financing arrangements in accordance with GIZ rules and regulations.
- Monitors the contractually agreed reporting of partners.
- Checks proposed budget and ensures compliance with GIZ rules and regulations.
- Follows up on the detailed list of expenditures, statement of accounts submitted by the partner organization and on their cash flow and call of disbursements.
- Is involved in drawing up the annual internal controlling schedule and reports for SED Cluster programmes.
- Informs the Head of Cluster administration regarding any irregularity occurring within his/ her area of responsibilities
- Provides demand-oriented further training on Grants, Local Subsidies to GIZ staff in the SED Cluster, cooperation, and implementation partner.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- BA in business administration, recognised commercial diploma in business administration
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- Outstanding knowledge on Financing arrangements preferably within GIZ
- Knowledge of GIZ management systems, incl PuR, IDA, DMS etc.
- Extraordinary client orientation and compliance knowledge
- Proven communication and negotiation skills within international partnerships
- Strong sense of responsibility, high result orientation and proven ability to cope with stress and uncertainty
- Experience in successfully introducing innovation and change in administrative processes
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Very good knowledge of the European language widely used in the country, ideally a knowledge of German
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Assignment: ASAP. 12 months contract with possible extension.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the applicant information form, CV, and cover letter, no later than 10th of August 2021 at latest 02:00PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Grant and Local Subsidy Officer”– SED Cluster”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form