MA’AN Development Center is an independent Palestinian development and training institution established in January, 1989, registered by law as a non-profit organization. The main office is located in Ramallah and the four branch offices are located in Gaza, KhanYounis, Tulkarem and Jenin. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
MA’AN Development Center is going to implement a project "Emergency Child Protection and Psychosocial Response for Children and Families in Gaza” in partnership “UNICEF” and seeking for the following vacancy:
Number of staff: 2 persons from (Rafah and Middle area)
Position title: Governorate Protection Focal Point
Job Description of the Governorate Protection Focal Points
The role of Governorate Focal Points with technical guidance from the Child Protection Working Group, Protection Cluster Lead and Chairs of Sub Working Groups is:
- Provide support to Protection Committees in Government Designated Shelters during emergencies.
- Support coordination of response outside Government Designated Shelters in partnership with local coordination committees and CP/MHPSSWG.
- Coordinate meetings with local coordination committees during normal times to guide the response.
- Coordinate response to IDP populations.
- Coordination of assessments (with technical guidance form Protection Cluster Lead and Sub-Working Groups coordinators) – (MIRA Assessment).
- Situation monitoring and collation of raw data for analysis.
- Support the referral process through the appropriate referral pathways/service providers.
- Support the response in terms of winterization.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Personal and Professional Competencies:
- A university degree in social work, counselling, psychology or another relevant field.
- At least 3 years related professional experience particularly in Child Protection Field.
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated research and information gathering and analysis skills.
- Proven flexibility to handle changing priorities and managing multiple tasks and deadlines efficiently and without compromising quality.
- Highly organized, reliable attention to details and ability to work independently when needed.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Concern with democracy, conflict resolution, non-violent actions and human rights issues.
Candidates with experience in the mentioned field are encouraged to apply for this position, Cover letter and curriculum vitae in English are to be submitted by email to
please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email Governorate Protection Focal Points. Deadline for submission Must be delivered before 04:00 PM on Tuesday 18th June 2019.