Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is running its programmes under the new name of Humanity & Inclusion (HI). - Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org
LOCATION: the position is based 50% in Gaza and 50% in WB and the ideal candidate must prove ability to travel between both locations
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of Project Manager and in close collaboration with the Regional Technical Unit (RTU), the Gender National Technical Advisor is responsible to support project/s teams (HI and partners) of the mission in his/her field of expertise, along all phases of the project cycle management, but with focus on projects’ implementation and monitoring. It also supports the development of the staff technical competencies, as well as the mobilization the external local technical resources when necessary, to ensure the quality of their intervention with projects stakeholders under the project entitled " Promoting the inclusion and access of girls and boys with disabilities to gender and disability responsive inclusive education in the emergency context of occupied Palestinian territories”.
He/she will work in close collaboration with HI partners to make sure that the educational activities are gender sensitive and responsive with respect to the agreed quality standards and criteria. This will be done through supporting and implementing the following activities;
- Working with HI gender consultant,
- Assess and develop capacities of HI and its partners staff in regards to gender approach in Gaza and West Bank,
- Support the implementation of gender equality study in education sector,
- Support the development and proposition of gender strategy for HI in Gaza and West Bank,
- Networking and coordinating with key gender actors
Responsibility 1 : Develop the technical competencies of the project team and project actors
- Support the implementation and dissemination of gender equality study in education with the support of gender consultant
- Define global training plan and training package in the field of expertise including needs assessment tools, capacity building plan and related materials, pre-post-test, trainers’ manual and ensure active contribution from the project team to their development whenever relevant.
- Train the team to deliver the training package;
- Coaching and following up to ensure the capacity building of our teams.
- Support the organization of training workshops, the delivery of the selected topics by the project team and analyse pre/post test results.
- Identify locally available external skills and expertise that could contribute to the quality of future intervention in the in the areas of professional competency;
- Coordinate with RTU and HQ domain to gain from other programmes knowledge and experience
- Support the Project Managers in recruitment from a technical perspective;
Responsibility 2 : Contribute to quality control in the field of expertise through technical guidance and support to the team
- upport the PMs and gender consultant in developing adapted tools to measure indicators in the field of expertise and in analysing collected information
- Provide regular report to project manager, gender consultant and the RTU in the field of expertise
- Review and develop of methodologies and tools relevant to the needs of the teams,
- Ensure tools are tested, and validated by gender consultant and the regional technical unit before implementation and that the team is capacitated to apply them
- Build the technical and training capacity of HI field staff and operational staff, through formal and informal trainings and technical supervision framework, promoting evidence based practice;
- Regular field visits to project areas to provide feedbacks and support to the teams ;
Responsibility 3: Inform the development of new projects
- Collect Government policies and technical materials produced by government departments and NGOs in the field of expertise
- Participate to the development of new projects into the field of expertise
- Regional role: support technical assessments in other countries of MEReP program in his/her field of expertise
Confidentiality is required in all these responsibilities.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST BE:
- Adaptable in various situations
- Positive personality
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
- Degree in social sciences, human rights or any other related qualification.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the field of expertise
- Experience providing technical advice and coaching to teams
- Experience working with Non-governmental organizations
- Experience to translate written technical documents from English into Arabic
- Ability to work in a team
- Demonstrated ability to develop and apply tools
- Proven experience in development and provision of training and coaching
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to work with partners
- Knowledge of referral mechanism
- Ability to develop accessible information materials
- Good communication skills
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Initial contract will be for a period of six month renewable upon availability of fund.
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Basic salary range for the position : Starting from 9,097 ILS
المسمى الوظيفي Gender National Technical Advisor
آخر موعد للتقديم 15 - Jul - 2019
المكان قطاع غزة, رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة العقود والاستشارات
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الراتب from 9,097 ILS
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 5 Years
Interested candidates should send their CV and motivation letter to reach on or before the 15th July 2019 to: [email protected]
indicating your full name and the job title (Gender National Technical Advisor) in the subject line in your
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications incomplete or received after the deadline will be disregarded.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Humanity & Inclusion Palestine
رام الله والبيرة, الخليل
Protection Technical Officer
Project & Database Officer
Education Technical Officer
In-Depth Sectorial Assessment Consultant
Human Resources/ Administrative Manager
Consultancy Assignment / Architect
رام الله والبيرة