EducAid is an Italian NGO working in the Palestinian Territory since 2003.
In the framework of the project " Gender Equality in the Economic Sphere: Our Right, Our Priority NEAR-TS 2020/420-955” and in order to complete its team for the activities, EducAid announces its need to hire a Gender and Disability Researcher according to the following criteria:
Contract Type: consultancy
Location: West Bank
Develop a participatory monitoring plan of progress on reducing gender gaps in the world of work and effectiveness of related national and local policies, strategies and programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
In collaboration with another researcher, contracted from one of the project partners, the Gender and Disability researcher will support the following activities ensuring the disability mainstreaming in all the stages:
- Proposing a set of quantitative and qualitative indicators for measuring progress on equality/equal opportunities in employment & assess gender & disability responsiveness of related policies and interventions. Proposed indicators will be discussed in two workshops with CSOs and other stakeholders of the project, upon which the researchers should revise them.
- Conducting research to gather data for indicators that is not available through desk-review of studies & published statistics.
- Discussing the report on employment indicators in a workshop. The report will be published and disseminated by the partner. The indicators will be published online to enable easy access, review & subsequent update. Findings will also be disseminated in the form of facts sheets & policy briefs.
- Updating findings at least once during the project lifetime and presenting updates in a workshop
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in social sciences or relevant discipline (gender studies);
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar positions, preferably in international NGOs;
- Solid knowledge and expertise in gender research, disability mainstreaming and policy analysis;
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research, data collection and analysis;
- Ability to draft and communicate high-quality clear and concise outputs;
- Good team spirits;
- Capacity to engage and communicate with partners from the public sector and the civil society organizations (especially DPOs and the PNA, Palestinian National Alliance for the Employment of Persons with Disability);
- Availability to travel inside the WB;
- Clear commitment to the project thematic;
- Excellent writing skills and Computer skills (Microsoft Office, infographics, design tools);
- Excellent Arabic and English (both written and spoken);
- Valid clean driving license is an advantage.
Applicants are invited to send their CVs and a motivation letter in English stating why you are a suitable candidate for this position to the following address: [email protected]
Deadline for application: 12th August 2021
followed by your name in the email's subject if "Gender and Disability Researcher " Please clearly write you want to be considered for this position
Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for all EducAid positions.