Position Title: GBV Specialist
Location: Gaza Strip
Report to: Protection Program Manager
Duration: 11 months
MA’AN is an independent Palestinian development and training institution established in January 1989, registered by law as a non-profit organization. The main office is located in Ramallah and the other branch offices are located in Gaza and Jenin. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporates values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
MA’AN Development Center is implementing the project of “Enhancing Community Resilience in Bait Lahia” that is funded by the Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation “AECID” aiming at enhancing the resilience of the vulnerable communities of Bait Lahia by improving access to essential services, job creation, and gender equality. One of the project's main components is to provide adequate GBV services for 110 impoverished women. In addition, the project will work on enhancing the institutional capacity of the GBV services providers in Beit Lahia. A partner GBV services provider will be contracted to deliver the needed GBV services while MA'AN will ensure the efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability of the provided services. Accordingly, Ma’an is seeking to hire a competent and highly qualified GBV specialist to perform the following duties:
- Participating in assessing and selecting a GBV service provider in Beit Lahia.
- Following up on providing professional services to victims and survivors of GBV through the selected GBV service provider team where they can access timely, holistic, and quality case management services.
- Providing guidance regarding psychosocial activities to ensure all project activities meet best practice standards.
- Monitor monthly community outreach plan with community workers, based on case trends and ongoing needs of women and girls.
- Strengthened engagement with communities to act in the best interests of women and girls
- Invest in social and economic opportunities for women and girls to promote their well being
- Participating in leveraging partnerships and experience to advocate for priorities of women and girls
- Ensure documenting cases information through the accurate filling of intake and consent forms and ensure confidential and safe archiving.
- Ensure the GBV cases information is accurately updated regularly.
- Participating in the interpretation of the analyzed data on trends and working with the GBV service provider’s team to properly disseminate information to relevant stakeholders.
- Participating in the development of case management monitoring systems and helping to ensure that the team of the GBV service provider utilizes these systems correctly and consistently.
- Preparing all relevant reports regarding GBV interventions.
- Following up on updating the referral networks with the implementing GBV service provider and the dissemination of referral pathways.
- Ensuring the dissemination and activation of effective compliance and feedback mechanisms.
- Maintaining productive relationships with the implementing partner and Ma’an team members.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A Bachelor’s degree in psychology, mental health, or any other related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- At least 3 years of experience in gender/GBV programming and implementation on the ground.
- Experience in GBV case management and setting up referral mechanisms.
- Experience in writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and implementing them in a project setting.
- Understanding of the role and importance of addressing gender justice and GBV in the development or humanitarian field.
- Experience in training development, delivery of staff training, adults learning and development.
- Familiarity with the PSEA policy, Do no harm policy, and other related humanitarian standards.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills both in Arabic and English.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application as per the following:
- Download employment application from the following link: MAAN Employment Application
- Fill in the employment application and save the document with the name of applicant and the position.
- Fill in the required information in the following link: https://forms.gle/tVuUopJLgaLmWbHF7
- Attach employment application in within the previous link.
- Applications will not be considered if employment application is not attached in the previous link.
- Applications will only be accepted until Saturday 12 February 2022.