International Medical Corps is working to relieve the suffering of those impacted by war, natural disaster and disease by delivering vital health care services that focus on training, helping devastated populations return to self-reliance. IMC has been working in Gaza since 2009 and is currently implementing a project to support health service provision in partnership with local NGOs.
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
International Medical corps is currently looking for: GBV Case Manager (4)
Capacity: Full Time Contract
Duration: 1 year with the potential for extension depending on available funding
Location: Gaza City.
All opportunities advertised here and subsequent offers and recruitments are contingent on funding availability and donor approval.
Scope of Work/Deliverables:
- Receive cases referred by other departments of IMC, service providers and agencies as per the GBV sub-Sector’s Standard Operational Procedures and Referral Pathways.
- During the interview, collect quantitative and qualitative data to analyze the situation and needs in order to define the most appropriate responses.
- Prioritize cases according to risk level and based on vulnerability criteria.
- Provide age appropriate GBV Case Management to survivors of GBV, in line with the Inter Agency GBV Case Management Guidelines, including assessment of survivor’s needs; basic crisis counselling; supporting survivors in developing and implement a care plan to address their individual needs and safely implementing this plan; support to survivors in pursuing services from other service providers as per clients’ wishes
- Provide services to adolescent girl survivors of GBV, including individual support, age-appropriate engagement and decision-making by survivors, Do No Harm analysis, and safety planning
- Provide essential information on available services and support survivors in navigating the referral pathways and accessing services
- Identify concerns related to and support adherence to GBV referral protocols and GBV guiding principles and bring these concerns to the GBV Manager.
- Always protect the privacy and the confidentiality of the case and of the survivor, adhering to the data protection standards of IMC.
- Provide beneficiaries with information about IMC and other services available for beneficiaries in the north.
- Conduct regular contacts of the selected beneficiaries to follow up on the progress and facilitate the good referral when needed.
- Ensure that progress is regularly reviewed.
- During the whole process, the Case Manager manages cases in line with Inter-Agency GBV Case Management Guidelines, SOP, adheres to standard documentation process and follows best practices guidance.
- Participate when needed in project assessments: surveys, data collection, filling questionnaires and forms, data entry, conducting interviews, FGD, etc.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Regularly ask the feedback and the level of satisfaction of the beneficiaries to adapt the support.
- Follow up the external referrals to other service providers and ensure that the takeover is done as fast as possible.
- Organize post distribution monitoring report to evaluate the satisfaction with the distribution, assistance process and to analyse the adequacy of the support.
- Update the GBV documentation regularly and ensure appropriate follow up and action.
Coordination, Meeting & Representation
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders including community leaders and other humanitarian partners and service providers.
- Participate in case-discussion meetings with the GBV Case Management Supervisor and, when necessary, involve other IMC departments or agencies.
- Liaise with other NGOs for events, campaign and services available in the area.
- Ensure communication and coordination with other departments / team about internal referrals.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree in Social Work or related fields (BA or Masters)
- Minimum 2 years in the field of social work.
- Good understanding of Protection principles, must demonstrate survivor- centred, respectful attitudes and a strong belief in gender equality.
- Previous experience working with GBV survivors.
- Knowledge of, respect and empathy for the communities we are working with.
- Commitment to championing survivors and community points of view.
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Very good listening and facilitation skills – capable of managing and facilitating group discussions. with program participants, local officials, partners and all levels of staff.
- Fluency in Arabic is required, fluency in English is desirable.
How to apply.
- Interested and qualified individuals are encouraged to fill the application in the link below no later than April 16, 2022.
- CVs and Cover Letter must be submitted in English.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Website for Contracts misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.