EducAid is an Italian NGO working in the Palestinian Territory since 2003.
In the framework of the project "I-CAN: Independence, Capability, Autonomy, iNclusion. Center for Independent life for People with Disabilities in the Gaza Strip "Palestinian Territories - AID 011.496 and in order to complete building its human resources in the Gaza Strip office, EducAid, announces its need to hire Accountant according to the following criteria:
Contract Type: Full Time
Location: Gaza strip
The Accountant is vested with the day-to-day financial Tasks of all EducAid operations in Gaza office and reports directly to project manager. The Accountant will implement EducAid financial policies and regulations. Adherence to the highest level of control and due diligence in financial policies and regulations and efficiently coordinate all financial operations of project and activities using a participatory approach with the relevant staff and partners and in accordance with EducAid policy and procedures.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
The accountant will take over the following duties under the supervision of project manager
- Prepare, review, and control the daily financial transactions according to EducAid policy and procedures.
- Ensure timely, accurate, and integral outputs, and safeguard all financial data.
- Budget control for administrative and projects disbursements
- Enter all accounting data on the financial system based on approved accounting.
- Monitor EducAid Bank accounts and Prepare Bank Reconciliation
- Custodian for Petty Cash and responsible for any disbursement from petty cash
- Prepare Payment voucher and ensure attaching all necessary supporting documents
- Prepare monthly financial reports according to international Accounting Standards
- Prepare projects cash flow
- Prepare financial reimbursements documents to be submitted to donors or EducAid Headquarter
- Maintaining all financial files
- Review all financial documents of grants and ensure that all financial activities are implemented according to approved plans and agreed upon standards.
- Any other tasks requested related
- Bachelor in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in international NGO accounting.
- knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel
- Experience in using the electronic accounting systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- Ability to prepare financial plans and financial analysis
- Solid Knowledge about the Palestinian Tax law
- good personal attitudes and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Valid clean driving license is advance
Candidates are invited to fulfill the application form and to attached their CV and motivation letter online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة , no later than 17th of October 2018 - 4,00 pm
People with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for all EducAid positions.