The East Jerusalem YMCA (EJ-YMCA) is a vibrant and integral part of the Palestinian social movement and a leader among Palestinian Non-Governmental Organizations. As a member of the World Alliance of YMCAs, the EJ-YMCA is committed to a unique vision of community, based on the universal values of human dignity, peace, and justice. Through its Rehabilitation Program, it targets the marginalized Palestinian groups of persons with disability as well as the injured and traumatized survivors of political violence in order to live an equal, just, decent and productive life; a life that is far from discrimination, neglect, isolation, fear, and exclusion.
EJ-YMCA Rehabilitation Program (EJ YMCA-RP) is seeking a Fundraising Coordinator to provide assistance to the Director in identifying donor resources, raising funds and writing proposals for long-term organizational sustainability.
Job Title: Fundraising Coordinator
Reporting to: Director of the EJ YMCA – RP
Based in: EJ YMCA – RP, Beit Sahour office
Working hours: 40 hours/week, Monday to Thursday and Saturday, occasional evening and weekend work will be required
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Director, write concept notes, project ideas and project proposals and ensure their timely submission and further follow up.
- Maintain relationships with existing donors and respond to their requests regularly and keep updating them about the work of the EJ YMCA-RP, in addition to arranging for meetings and visits under the direction of the Director.
- Join field visits with groups and visitors, suggest making photographs and collating case studies from the field that would be used within the fundraising and communications activities.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Skills and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree plus five years of related administrative experience. Having a relative Master’s degree is an advantage.
- Experience in the NGO sector in Palestine and understanding of current donors.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and the ability to master new software applications and technologies.
- Excellent analytical skills, and written and verbal communication skills are essential, as are strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and with sound judgment, meet deadlines, manage multiple assignments, and solve problems.
- Possesses strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Strong presentation abilities are a must. Outstanding knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation required. Possess the ability to compose, proofread and edit technical materials and correspondence.
- Ability to understand and generate budgets.
Interested candidates are invited to upload the curriculum vitae and a letter of interest in English, by Friday 26th of July 2019 online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
Applications received after the closing date, will not be eligible. Only short listed candidates will be invited for interviews and complete a test.
Persons with Physical Disabilities, who have relevant experience and skills, are especially encouraged to apply.
For more information about our organization, please visit our website: www.ej-ymca.org/rehab