Hiring a Fundraising Assistant
The East Jerusalem YMCA (EJ-YMCA) is a vibrant and integral part of the Palestinian social movement and a leader among Palestinian Non-Governmental Organizations. As a member of the World Alliance of YMCAs, the EJ-YMCA is committed to a unique vision of community, based on the universal values of human dignity, peace, and justice. Through its Rehabilitation Program, it targets the marginalized Palestinian groups of persons with disability as well as the injured and traumatized survivors of political violence in order to live an equal, just, decent and productive life; a life that is far from discrimination, neglect, isolation, fear, and exclusion.
EJ-YMCA Rehabilitation Program (EJ YMCA-RP) is seeking to recruit a Fundraising Assistant to provide assistance to the Development Supervisor in identifying donor resources, raising funds and developing proposals, including budgets, for long-term organizational sustainability.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Development Supervisor in research, collate, and analyze data that allows for identification of new fundraising income streams, and donor profiles, as well as informing fundraising performance.
- Under the direction of the Development Supervisor, write concept notes, project ideas and project proposals and ensure meeting their timely submission and further follow up responsibilities.
- Maintain organised hard and soft files of all fundraising information.
- Under the direction of the Development Supervisor, compile and maintain an updated database of international and local donor organizations, ensuring that all contacts and correspondence are well-documents and periodically updated.
- Under the direction of the Development Supervisor, develop and design fundraising materials like fundraising leaflets, sponsorship packages, letters to donors, and success stories.
- When asked by supervisor, join field visits with groups and visitors; suggest making photographs and collating case studies from the field that would be used within the fundraising and communications activities.
- Provide assistance in organizing any fundraising events for the EJ YMCA-RP.
- Undertake other reasonable duties requested by the Development Supervisor and Management.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Skills and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree plus two years of related administrative experience. Having a relative Master’s degree is an advantage.
- Experience in the NGO sector in Palestine and understanding of current donors.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and the ability to master new software applications and technologies.
- Excellent analytical skills, and written and verbal communication skills are essential, strong presentation abilities strong organizational and time management skills are a must.
- Ability to work independently and with sound judgment, meet deadlines, manage multiple assignments, and solve problems.
- Outstanding knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation required. Possess the ability to compose, proofread and edit technical materials and correspondence.
- Ability to understand and generate budgets.
- Resident of Bethlehem District.
Interested candidates are invited to upload the curriculum vitae and a letter of interest in English, by Tuesday 25th of February2020, online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
Applications received after the closing date, will not be eligible. Only short listed candidates will be invited for interviews and a technical assignment.
Persons with Disabilities, who have relevant experience and skills, are especially encouraged to apply.
For more information about our organization, please visit our website: www.ej-ymca.org/rehab