PREMIERE-URGENCE INTERNATIONAL (PUI) is an international, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit French organization intervening in 20 countries worldwide to provide a global response on the fundamental needs to victims of humanitarian crisis from the emergency to the restoration of their autonomy and dignity. Première-Urgence and Aide Médicale Internationale merged in 2011 to offer a better range of lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to communities affected by humanitarian crisis.
PUI’s humanitarian and development aid strategy focuses on providing support to populations affected by the coercive environment and subsequent violations of IHL/HR in both the West Bank (WB) and the Gaza Strip (GS). It combined several sectors to prevent the loss of livelihoods and displacements of population as a consequence of protection threats, lack of services (Health, Education, WASH), and lack of access to agricultural lands or job opportunities.
PUI is seeking for: Food Security Project Manager
Duration: 5 months (renewable depending on funds)
Starting Date: 01st February 2020
The Food Security Project Manager will supervise the implementation of the "Protect fragile livelihoods of vulnerable farmers and fishermen households in the Access Restricted Area in the Gaza Strip and increase their capacity to cope with the protracted crisis” project which funded by oPT Humanitarian Fund
This is a full time position: Sunday to Thursday.
- MAIN TASKS
Under the supervision of the Gaza Strip Field Coordinator and in close coordination with Deputy HoM and MEAL team, the Food Security Project Manager will be in charge of Manage the FSL program operations , representation, communication and coordination
- DETAILED TASKS
Strategic FSL programming
- He/she actively support to the Mission on how to strengthen/integrate FSL in PUI’s programming.
- He/she will contribute in strengthen the role of PUI in the different forums related to FSL
- He/she support PUI and take an active role during the development of the proposals
- He/she builds up on previous assessments and studies developed by PUI
REPRESENTATION, COMMUNICATION AND COORDINATION
- He/She is PUI’s focal point for the Food Security & Livelihoods sector in the Gaza strip, along with the Field Coordinator; he/she synthetizes experiences and coordinates initiatives in the Food Security & Livelihoods sector.
- Participate to internal and external coordination meetings, including working groups.
- Ensure PUI representation in FSS and Cash working group, external workshops, forums, congresses, seminars, upon proper delegation
Manage the FSL programme operations
- He/she technically supervises the FSL Activities in charge in the field, ensure monitoring of relevant activities in close collaboration with M&E team.
- He/She will ensure the activities under his/her responsibility are running smoothly and ensure that the objectives defined in his/her project propositions are met. Above all, he/she will follow directions given, report to his/her supervisor, report any obstacles encountered during implementation and propose improvements or changes if necessary.
- Oversight the field team dedicated to FSL activities, and provide recommendations on how to improve efficiency and impact
- He/She will ensure proper archiving of all documents produced for the project(s) and that the verification sources cited in the proposals are available.
- He/She will send internal and external reports to his/her supervisor by the internal approval deadline (PMT) and external contractual deadline (project reports).
- He/She will review / update project's beneficiary’s database regularly.
- He/she will conduct random field visits to oversee the implementation of activities and follow up when needed.
- He/she should collaborate with the MEAL team on M&E aspects.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required knowledge and skills
- Bachelor’s or Master degree in a field related to Project Management, development, agricultural engineering, social studies, or any relevant field.
- Relevant working experience (At least 4 years in INGO) in related fields with a focus in in FSL program management and emergency response (livelihood support, protection and cash based agricultural interventions)
- Strong understanding of the FSL needs and priorities in the Gaza Strip and strong knowledge of the Access Restricted Area context.
- Good English writing skills
- Understanding of project management
- Prior knowledge of the projects area
- Understanding of institutional donor (ECHO, HPF, etc.) procedures.
- Computer skills, in particular MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Project and the Internet
PUI provides a work environment that reflects the values of integrity, diversity and gender equality. Therefore, we strongly encourage applications from women and underrepresented cultural or social groups.
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit a cover letter and a detailed resume before January 12, 2020, by sending an email to: [email protected]. Please indicate the Position Title in the E-mail subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.