Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
Within the project “Alternative Approaches to Financial Inclusion for SME”, Germany is contributing to unleashing the potentials of alternative and innovative financial services for the benefit of both MSMEs and start-ups in Palestine. The project advises policymakers in setting up structures and capacities to enable safe and useful innovative financial services for all Palestinians. With MSMEs and start-ups as the main target group, the project supports key stakeholders in raising their financial awareness while in parallel facilitating the nascence of a sound and responsible “Fintech” industry. In the coming period, the project will focus on making Fintech solutions work for Palestinian enterprises and consumers by enabling, advising and accompanying piloting processes with Fintech firms, financial sector players and the regulators.
In order to support the Fintech Piloting component of the project, we are looking for a full-time (100%)
“Fintech Business Specialist”
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
Advising the partner institution(s)
- Coordinates the activities related to the project component “Fintech Pilots”
- Serves as contact point and advises Fintech firms regarding their entry to the Palestinian market
- Provides business facilitation and mentoring services concerning business plan, advocacy, piloting and dialogue with the regulator(s)
- Coordinates with the Fintech Capacity Development component of the project
- Reports to the head of project and project team on Fintech business developments in Palestine and the Arab region
- Advises regulators regarding Fintech business needs and interests
- Monitors and documents component activities and budget according to the GIZ standards
- Supports in identifying and contracting required external experts, and designs, prepares and implements workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the project’s area of activity “Fintech Pilots”
Networking and cooperation
- Coordinates with the Cluster “Sustainable Economic Development” projects, identifies synergies and realizes joint activities
- Supports cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, assists with PR work and cooperates with local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the project/programme environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships
- Communicates local interests and efforts, forwards these and encourages sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the project/programme
- Coordinates with the team members responsible for “Fintech Capacity Development” and “Financial Awareness”
- Takes over special tasks as required for overarching purposes (e.g. within the project or cluster)
- Ensures knowledge transfer to project/programme information
- Develops ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts
- Draws up reports and presentation documents
- Prepares appropriate input for various component reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the programme manager and GIZ Head Office
- Assists with general project planning and develops project concepts including preparation, organisation and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation, management, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication and documentation
- Coordinates relevant project activities at local level in consultation with the manager and in cooperation with the partners, both as regards implementation and preparing organisational aspects
- Compiles the relevant information for joint activities and assignments
- Supports in commission management aspects (e.g. offer preparation, impact monitoring, project progress review, reporting)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Master’s degree in a relevant subject (e.g. economy, finance, business administration)
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant occupational experience as employee or entrepreneur
- Outstanding and proven knowledge of Fintech business models, market trends and examples from other countries
- Thorough knowledge about the application of latest technologies such as distributed ledger technology, artificial intelligence, big data, cloud computing, machine learning, cryptocurrencies and -assets and other in various Fintech business models
- Deep understanding of financial sector regulation in Palestine and beyond
- Experience in Fintech markets in the Arab region
- Creative, innovative, energetic, excellent communication and coordination skills
- Fast learner and team player
- Experience in business mentoring or coaching is a strong asset
- Fluency in Arabic and English (speaking, writing and reading)
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Assignment: Starting 01 February 2021. 3 months contract with possible extension.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, CV and cover letter, no later than 7th of December 2020 at latest 4:00PM
Kindly state in the email subject “Fintech Business Specialist”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form