Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza (JWBG) since 1961 and currently supports programs in the sectors of humanitarian relief, livelihoods, civil society strengthening, and social justice promotion through its field offices in Jerusalem, Ramallah, Bethlehem, and Gaza. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
Through funding from the USAID Mission to the West Bank and Gaza, Family Health International (FHI 360) is supporting Catholic Relief Services (CRS) to implement the Civic Participation and Community Engagement (CPCE) Project to enhance the institutional and governance capacities of CSOs enabling them to become more influential advocates for and to provide support to their constituents and marginalized vulnerable groups. Simultaneously, the project will invest in CSOs with the vision and capacity to invigorate civic participation aimed toward increased accountability and transparency. All participating CSOs will be included in core capacity building, especially as linked to the inclusion and participation of vulnerable groups throughout their work.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
CRS seeks a Financial Consultancy firm/Individual to provide targeted financial support to the Program, as follows:
ROLES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ DELIVERABLES:
- Provide a timely, complete review of subrecipient liquidation reports in accordance with CRS policies.
- Help evaluate subrecipient financial management processes per CRS policy and help strengthen partner capacity in financial accounting and internal controls.
- Review and validate supporting documentation before processing of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete and authorizations are in place.
- Provide on‐site assistance to subrecipients relative to liquidation issues.
- Help share information with subrecipients and staff on financial accounting policies and procedural compliance issues.
- Scan and share all the financial and narrative reports with the financial department.
- Prepare delegated financial reports, including field visits and other reports as needed.
- B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration strongly preferred. Courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA or equivalent).
- Minimum of two years of accounting experience, preferably with an international or local NGO, or a financial/banking institution. Knowledge of USAID regulations and policies is preferred.
- The consultant will receive an initial briefing from CRS to provide additional context and parameters to the scope of work.
- The consultant will travel to sites in 11 West Bank governorates, including East Jerusalem; the consultant will provide his/her own transportation unless otherwise arranged with CRS.
- The consultant will utilize his/her own, laptop, internet connection, and mobile phone.
- All information received during the execution of the scope of work shall be treated as confidential and proprietary to CRS and cannot be reused without written consent of CRS.
LOCATION OF THE WORK
The work will include field visits approximately four to seven days a month, with the remaining work done from home. CRS can also make a workspace available in its office in Ramallah for non-field work, as desired. The consultancy may include periodic in-person meetings with CRS staff in Jerusalem, Ramallah, or Bethlehem offices.
The consultancy period is March through November 2023. Specific dates will be agreed in coordination with CRS. The volume of work may range from four to ten days based on an “as-requested” basis derived from the communications plan jointly developed. Final deliverables are due by the mid and end of each month.
The Consultant will report directly to the Grants Manager on all aspects of this consultancy.
The consultant shall propose the rate per working day (where a working day is 8 hours) paid at the end of each month according to the total days worked per aggregated working hours for CRS Review and Approval, in addition to a Tax deduction at source certificate. In case the certificate is not presented, CRS will deduct 10% of the value of that payment and submitted on behalf of the consultant to the tax department. The daily rate must include utilizing one’s own laptop, internet connection, mobile phone and transportation to the locations.
- CRS has the right to request illustrations or modifications/negotiations after awarding decision.
- CRS is NOT committed to the least price offer and has the right to cancel or re-advertise this TOR without explicating the reasons.
- CRS may select more than one consultant(s) to complete the full scope of this Scope of Work. If this is the case, the components for which each individual is responsible will be made clear in each respective contract.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants with relevant experience and qualifications are encouraged to apply as follows:
- Application form and complete Terms of Reference is available at (http://jobs.crsjwbg.org)
- Submit an application that includes at minimum:
- CRS Consultancy Form (see template below) – inclusive of references and financial offer. Prices should be in New Israeli Shekels and must be valid up till 90 days after the submission date.
- CV highlighting relevant experience.
- Please submit your complete application online at: (http://jobs.crsjwbg.org) no later than March 20, 2023.