Rights Respected, People Protected
Since 2009, NRC has been providing humanitarian assistance and promoting respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. Through our work across the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, we protect and assist Palestinians affected by, or threatened with, displacement. We provide legal counselling to promote human rights, and work to improve shelter, water and sanitation facilities and essential services. We support the provision of quality education, with a focus on psychosocial support for children and teachers, and help communities prepare for, and respond to, emergencies. We advocate for the rights of displaced Palestinians locally and internationally. We invest in coordination mechanisms to help improve the effectiveness and responsiveness of humanitarian action across Palestine.
The finance technical officer will contribute to the day to day implementation of the finance unit responsibilities, including salaries, annual and project audits, project summary reports, and month closure.
1. Role and responsibilities
1. Contribute to the understanding of all NRC’s Financial, Administration, and Logistics policies and procedures and ensuring the correct implementation of policies and procedures by NRC, oPt
- Ensure that NRC’s donor’s financial rules and regulations are adhered
- Contribute to the understanding of the NRC projects in oPt, and the reporting deadlines
- Responsible for all NRC audit including annual audit and project audit
- Implement the monthly Project Summary reports and prepare cash flow forecasts and requests for transfer of funds
- Responsible for month closure
- Responsible for salary calculation in both WB and Gaza
Function specific responsibilities:
- Lead the accountancy work.
- Prepare the national salary calculation for all areas.
- Responsible to allocate the international salaries and costs to NRC projects and ZERO the intermediate project.
- Responsible for tax rules and regulations for national and international staff, also for consultant and deduction at source.
- Focal point with Gaza for the accountancy work.
- Responsible for Shelter Cards Distribution with Gaza.
- Responsible for Project and Annual Audit.
- Responsible for MoI yearly report and requirement.
- Responsible for preparing and loading the international time sheets.
- Follow up on international payments to clear account 1560.
- Responsible for all WB & Gaza reallocations, clearing advances.
- Responsible for Authorization Table.
- Prepare CO & HO Z distribution, exchange rate revaluation, BRS and responsible for the closing of the month.
- Check all the transactions for all the areas to make sure it is compliance with NRC rule and regulations.
15. Undertake any other reasonable task assigned by management
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Generic professional competencies:
• Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or any related field
• Three years of experience from working as a technical officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Previous experience working on main donors.
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
• Good command of English and Arabic, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
• Knowledge of the Palestinian and Israeli taxation laws.
• Knowledge of Hebrew language is required.
Behavioural competencies :
· Handling insecure environments
· Planning and delivering results
· Working with people
· Communicating with impact and respect
· Coping with change
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Jerusalem
Contract duration : 6 months
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة