CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender. SIF Palestine Mission was established in 2008 and since then, it has set up many concrete activities in order to help in a large scale and developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Finance Officer is under the supervision of National Finance Manager, s/he will work in close cooperation with SIF teams as following: -
- Participate in ensuring all accounting records and supporting documentations for all financial transactions are maintained in systematic order (physical and electronic) and in a safe and secure condition under the custody of the organization;
- Conduct regular audits of projects and partners;
- Ensure financial compliance through audit check of finance reports from partner and provide written feedback to relevant Project Manager;
- Support the assessment of financial and administrative capacity of partners, and support in identifying training needs and development potential on financial/administrative management, procedures, reporting and other relevant processes;
- Work closely with accountants, program staff and funding on donor reporting, responsible for accuracy of partners financial reports as a part of consolidated report;
- Communicate frequently with program and line manager to ensure that all those who need to share information are well informed;
- Coordinate with Project Managers’ the compliance on budget monitoring balances and closure of grants;
- Participate in providing SIF with complete, accurate and timely financial reports as required for all implemented projects in the office in the required formats;
- Oversee daily accounting and finance functions including the timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, inventory, receivable, and payables;
- Assist in maintaining effective control over cash and bank (ensure that cash in hand and bank reconcile with accounting records);
- Contribute to provide quarterly and where required monthly financial reports to National Finance Manager with supporting documentations;
- Assist and support the National Finance Manager in ensuring that field expenditures meet SIF and remain within the approved plans and budgets, by linking the expenses to their exact project, budget line and activity, flagging any over-spending and/or under-spending.
- Collaborate with the National Finance Manager to analyze and develop the cash treasury forecast request;
- Assist and support the National Finance Manager in the preparation of budgets for projects proposals and annual office budgets;
- Check the presentation of folders in the event of field audits, by supporting National Finance Manager in preparing documents & information required by auditors & reviewing the financial report;
- Assist & support the National Finance Manager in the semi-annual & annual closures;
- Assist National Finance Manager in ensuring that local taxation law requirements are fully complied;
- Participate in tracking of all procurement processes up to delivery, acceptance and payment, and follow up with requesting divisions on their procurement requisitions, ensuring that all requirements are met;
- Maintain updated inventories of SIF Gaza Strip office items and assets;
- Manage contractual monitoring (leave, performance evaluation, end of trial periods, capacity building, etc.) of the staff he/she line-manages.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Accounting, Finance or relevant field;
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in a similar position;
- Experience in and commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the transferring of knowledge & development of all staff;
- Solid experience to work with windows-based computer software, and modern accounting systems;
- Effective under pressure, results oriented and proactive with the ability to multi-task;
- Good interpersonal communication, negotiating and analytical skills;
- Ability to build and motivate teams and individuals to achieve set objectives and targets;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Ability to travel frequently and under the particular travel requirements of the assignment.
Humble and flexible, force proposal and initiative, capacity to prioritize, sense of responsibilities and coordination skills, good interpersonal skills, patient and ready to listen to people, open-minded and collective approach and strong humanitarian motivation.
- Location : Gaza Strip Office
- Duration : 1 year (renewable)
- Starting Date : As Soon As Possible
- Finance Officer :Ref (#:2023/05/FO)
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings:
- Their CV;
- Letter of Motivation with the Ref # of the post (as indicated above);
- Two professional references for the last two employers with their contacts’ information.
All above documents should be sent not later than 02:00 p.m. on 19th June 2023 to the following e-mail address:
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be shortlisted.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer
SIF commits to respect the “Do no harm” humanitarian principle and ensure child safety is paramount in all its activities. SIF implements a Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) at headquarters and in every mission. We do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with vulnerable people, in particular with children join our organization.
This position is subject to a range of vetting checks including criminal records disclosure and reference checks. We have zero tolerance for harmful practices and will take any allegation or report of child abuse very seriously.