Job Title: Finance Officer
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Location: Gaza- Palestine Office
Contract period: 12 months fixed-term contract
Closing date: 06th July 2021
About Human Appeal
Human Appeal is a non-profit organisation working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s fight against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and the establishment of self-sustaining development programmes, we aim to invest in real, effective solutions.
We work year-round to establish healthcare, water and sanitation- WASH, education, and livelihood programmes that pave the way for empowered, self-serving communities. We also provide food, medical aid, and disaster relief during emergencies, a critical intervention that saves lives.
Responsible of all financial activities and provide requested assistance to finance manager for accurate track of financial footstep as well as smooth coordination with other departments.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Review invoices before payment to ensure documents are accurately completed and approved with clear and specific charging notes according to HA’s policies
- Compile and sorts supporting documents, such as invoices and cheque(s), substantiating HA`s transactions, and ensure that documents and signatures are valid for an appropriate maintenance of documents.
- Verify and posts details of organization transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases.
- Record all transactions, on the accounting software according to HA`s procedures to keep track of HA’s financial activities.
- Prepare payment vouchers, cheque(s), account statements, bank reconciliations, BVAs, cost allocations, reports and other records and reviews them for accuracy on monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for management decisions.
- Record fixed asset into fixed assets register and reconcile the fixed asset with the QB fixed assets accounts.
Cash flow Management
- Monitor the availability of sufficient cash balances in the bank to cover all payments.
- Prepare monthly projects transfers requests.
- Monitor cash flow with the transfer of money between head-office and field office and reconciliation with banks to ensure that sufficient funds are always available in the bank.
- Assist the finance manager in preparing new projects budgets,
- Prepare projects Budget vs. Actual reports.
- Assist the finance manager in preparing operational budget and estimation of support costs.
Liaise with other departments
Liaise with the Human Resources department to maintain the Staff List and monthly payroll.
Liaise with the Programmes department to update contract trackers, reconcile invoices and delivery records, and comply with cost allocation guidelines
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Experience and Technical Competencies
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Professional Accounting certificate (e.g. CPA, ACA, ACMA, ACCA) is an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years successful experience in the humanitarian and developmental fields ideally in NGOs. Experience with INGOs is an asset.
- Professional level using MS Office Suite, especially MS Excel.
- High proficiency and Fluent in English, Arabic is an asset
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP so for the best chance of success please APPLY TODAY!
Please upload your CV and Cover Letter outlining how your experience, skills, qualification and professional background fit with the position requirements
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted