CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Founded in 1992, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a non-governmental organization for international solidarity with a social and humanitarian mission with a presence in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe, Secours Islamique France assists the peoples through its emergency aid, development and orphan sponsorship programs in over 30 countries wherever humanitarian and social needs exist, without regard to race, religion or gender.
Gaza Strip Office – Palestine Mission was established in 2008, and since then, the Gaza Strip Office has developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs. SIF Gaza Strip Palestine is a member of the Food Security, WASH, Education, Child Protection, Health & Nutrition and Shelter/NFIs clusters since many years and plays an active role in most of clusters’ meetings. Gaza Strip Office- Palestine Mission also works in coordination with many local and international and humanitarian organizations and local NGOs in Gaza Strip to assess, share information and coordinate projects implementation with The Palestinian Authority (PA) to obtain authorizations.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Finance Manager is under the supervision of Head of Office and with the support of Regional Finance and Administrative Coordinator, responsible for all Finance aspects, and s/he will work in close cooperation with SIF teams as following:-
- Maintain financial system and control to ensure the efficiency, integrity and transparency of Gaza Strip Office’s operations in accordance with SIF guidelines, national legal requirements and internationally accepted accounts standards;
- Submit the monthly financial budget forecast and cash flow projections for the project expenses, monthly and quarterly reporting, monthly submission of financial records to HQ-France , systems strengthening, operating budget tracking/obligation oversight, and adherence to audit/financial procedures;
- Ensure that Gaza Strip Office funds are well managed and that adequate funds are available to meet the SIF responsibility ;
- Assist and support the Head of Office in the preparation budgets for projects proposals and annual mission budgets;
- Liaise with external auditors , government departments, and bank regularly;
- Supervise and lead the Gaza Strip Office finance and accounting team, set objectives and assess direct reports;
- Supervise and participate in the closing and preparation of monthly financial data files and reports, and make sure that these are sent to HQ-France in accordance with the reporting schedule;
- Manage contractual monitoring (leave, end of trial periods, etc.) of the staff he/she line-manages;
- Define training needs and provide guidance on professional development of the finance team;
- Participate to partner assessment, ensure a proper accounting & financial training/orientation has been given before the beginning of the collaboration;
- Validate the financial aspect of partnership agreement (financial installment and reporting etc.);
- Ensure the completion, the compiling and archiving all the partnerships contractual documents;
- Ensure the partners expenditures are eligible (appropriate bills, invoices, order forms, etc...) through regular verifications, possible corrections and adapted training if required;
- Perform any other duties related as may be assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- A Bachelor Degree from an accredited university in accounting, financial management or other relevant educational background combined with relevant professional experience;
- Minimum 7 years of proven field experience in relevant field; preferable in humanitarian organizations.
- Solid experience of work with windows based computer software, and modern accounting-systems,
- Knowledge the SAGA program is advantage;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills;
- Experience in and commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the transferring of knowledge & development of all staff;
- Excellent written and spoken English (essential);
- Excellent communication skills and flexibility;
- Ability to build, manage and motivate teams and individuals to achieve set objectives and targets;
- Ability to lead and participate in teams but also to work independently;
- Ability to work under pressure and in emergency situations;
- Ability to travel frequently and under the particular travel requirements of the assignment.
Humble and flexible, force proposal and initiative, capacity to prioritize, networking and partnership development, sense of responsibilities and coordination skills, good interpersonal skills, patient and ready to listen to people, open-minded and collective approach and strong humanitarian motivation.
Location: Gaza Strip
Duration: 1 year.
Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
Finance Manager: (Ref #: 2019/05/FM)
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings:
- Their CV,
- Letter of Motivation with the Ref # of the post (as indicated above).
- Two professional references for the last two employers with their contacts’ information.
All above documents should be sent not later than 02:00 p.m. on 05th September 2019 to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be considered.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer