Position: Finance , Logistics and Administration (FLAT) Intern
Contract duration: 3 months (with possibility of extension)
Starting Date ASAP
I. Background on ACTED
ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory in May 2007, through food security interventions in the West Bank and then in Gaza. ACTED is currently implementing projects funded among others by ECHO, OCHA, EU Member States and EuropeAid, which aim to protect vulnerable households in the West Bank and Gaza and to strengthen civil society actors across the occupied Palestinian territory.
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank and Gaza. ACTED currently seeks FLAT Intern for its operations in Gaza.
- Assist the finance team to ensure that all cash, cheque books and financial records are properly stored and safely secured at all times.
- Assist in all financial procedures; issuing invoice, supplier’s voucher receipt, payment voucher, and ensure all documents related to financial process are correctly issued and archived.
- Assist the finance team to maintain and checks regularly the administrative filing system and ensures that all documents are filed properly
- Preparing necessary accounting documentation for approval journal voucher, payment voucher, transaction entries into the accounting system, etc. on a daily basis
- Scan the documents and send the original document by the end of each month.
- Perform other duties as requested by the direct supervisor.
Provide support in the performance of logistics and supply chain management. This includes the following tasks:
- Support in the preparation and delivery of all direct purchases.
- Support in the preparation of Request For Quotations, price analysis, purchase Orders, delivery notes, and prepare the procurement documents for next step.
- Support to organise and control ACTED assets.
- Archive hard and soft all the documents related to Logistics
- Support to prepare Logistics Monthly reports.
- Assist in safe and secure driving service for staff when needed.
- Assist in Fuel & Fleet Management.
- Asset in physical stock control under supervision of logistics officer.
- File all documents/scanned copies as needed and keeps filing system maintained.
- Assist in preparing letters and other relevant documents for Embassies, Ministries and Partners.
- Assist in staff attendance and working hours process and report it on monthly basis to Senior finance and admin officer.
- Assist in vacation and sick leaves follow up for the staff and send them to Senior finance and admin officer on regular basis.
- Assist in staff requests and payment follow up with the health insurance company in Gaza.
- Prepare and send the monthly mail to the capital office.
- Support Admin team in answering phone calls and receiving visitors.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance , Accounting or any related field (Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply).
- Computer skills including the ability to operate Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent verbal and listening communications skills in Arabic and English.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills including ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with team members.
- Very organized and structured.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good attitude and ability to work in a team.
- Willingness to improve skills and knowledge.
- Good IT and Microsoft Office skills.
- Valid Driving license (with clean record) is compulsory.
Submission of applications:
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV (in English) no later than 7th September ,2022 to: [email protected] indicating the position (FLAT Intern) in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted .