The Opportunity – Finance Intern
Post location: oPt Country Office - Ramallah
Contract Duration and Level of Effort: 3 months with possibility of extension.
The intern in his/her capacity will assist and support the Finance team in the CO in performing the finance department daily work including filing, scanning, writing checks, preparing bank transfers, entering transactions to Agresso, etc.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the position holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Financial Planning and Control Manager and supporting the Budgeting and Reporting Manager as needed.
Role Dimensions: oPt CO is a high complexity country, with multi-member interest, and an annual budget of $10 – 15m, and approximately 70 staff members.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
The position holder will support the CO Finance Team in performing the daily finance work including but not limited to the below tasks:
- Review and organize the Finance files as needed to make sure there are no missing documents.
- Scan and/or make photocopy of payments’ vouchers and journal vouchers, and upload them on the sharepoint folder.
- Write checks and or preparing bank transfer letters.
- Do the finance filing including payment vouchers, journal vouchers, monthly finance reports and documents, remittance reports, ER reports, MFRs, etc.
- Enter journal and payment vouchers and adjustments in Agresso.
- Record payment vouchers in the register.
- Record payment vouchers, bank transfers, and money received in bank accounts balance tracking sheet.
- Assist in any other required tasks related to finance work
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Fresh graduate – University degree in Accounting, Business administration, Finance or any related field.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- High level of knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to demonstrate personal integrity and trustworthiness.
- Ability to identify gaps, trends, priorities and key issues.
- Ability to solve problems efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to respect and relate to people internal/external.
- Ability to prioritise demands without losing focus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for English language
This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
Save the Children promotes a diverse and inclusive work environment, women and people with different abilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Save the Children works in development and humanitarian contexts with children and partners to help families, communities, and governments identify and use innovations to ensure all children survive, learn and are protected.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application and send it to the email below no later than October 24, 2022.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.