Finance Intern Palestine Jerusalem (Nationals only)
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values; dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Finance Intern position is to contribute to the day-to-day implementation of the finance unit deliverables,
1. Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
2. Promote NRC Policies rules and regulations in relation to payments and Finance Handbook
3. Assist in procedures and activities within own function or core competency as delegated
4. Support in organising and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards
5. Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work
6. Ensure proper filing of documents
7. Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of expertise
- Prepare petty cash payments and ensure that the cash payments are correctly recorded in cashboxes and cash count is conducted on daily basis.
- Support in issuing cheques and bank transfers for WB/JRS Office payments.
- Prepare all WB/JRS Post backs For Banks & cash.
- Responsible for photocopying, scanning, and archiving Finance documents in the file systems
- Responsible for NRC Finance files.
- Stamp all invoices by Paid and donor Stamps
- Undertake any other reasonable task assigned by management
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Support unit
- Programme unit
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
1. Generic Professional competencies:
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or related field;
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably with Humanitarian organizations,
- Fluency in English and Arabic language, both written and verbal,
- Knowledge of Hebrew language is desirable
- Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
5. Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
6. Ability to work under pressure and independently
7. Information management or data entry experience preferred;
8. Good ICT skills, particularly word and excel
9. Ability to work under pressure, to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to meet tight deadlines;
2. Behavioural competencies (max 6)
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environments
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change
- Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
Contract duration: 4 months - Intern position
Working hours: 40 hours/week
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Jerusalem
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة