The Representative Office of Switzerland in occupied Palestinian territory, for its Swiss Cooperation Office in Jerusalem, which has been active in the West Bank and Gaza for 29 years, wishes to recruit a fulltime Finance Controller, in its office in East-Jerusalem through Excellence Hire as an external recruiter.
Under the supervision of the Chief Finance Personnel Administration, the Financial Controller (FC) will be responsible for the project cycle management (PCM) Finance. She/He ensures that funds for International Cooperation (humanitarian and development aid) are used correctly, cost-effectively and efficiently.
The main tasks include:
- Checking and analysing the financial statements and audit reports from partners (adherence to contract and institutional requirements).
- Analysing and reviewing budgets.
- Establishing contracts. Administering projects and contracts in the systems.
- Formulate findings and recommendations and follow up together with the (national) programme officer and execute disbursements accordingly.
- Assessment and support of partners.
- Replacing the Finance colleagues for accounting, liquidity management and other tasks during absences.
** Please note that the office will be relocated from East-Jerusalem to Ramallah within a year.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A Master degree in finance or related fields, e.g. accounting or audit.
- 10 years of experience in the finance sector, preferably with donor agencies, international organizations or audit firms.
- 5 years of experience in a similar position in finance.
- Good knowledge and experience with internal and external audit standards and procedures.
- Excellent capacity to read, analyse and interpret financial documents (budgets, financial statements)
- Capacity to communicate with partners, give advice and formulate specific demands and recommendations in writing as well as orally (meetings).
- Pronounced ability to work in a team and service orientation.
- Good IT skills, in particular competency with Excel, financial management software and accounting systems.
- Pronounced personal responsibility and ability to work independently and proactively.
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Ability to travel to Gaza and the Westbank.
Please Submit Your application before Saturday noon, 23rd September 2023
Apply here: https://forms.gle/6anpR7vfjyErtHRC9