The A.M. Qattan Foundation (AMQF) is an independent, not-for-profit developmental organisation working in the fields of culture and education, with a particular focus on children, teachers and young artists.
The foundation wishes to recruit a fulltime Administrative Director, through Excellence Hire as an external recruiter.
The Administrative Director is a senior level position that provides oversight to the effective and efficient management of the organization. The ideal candidate is someone with an extrovert personality, and should have a proven track record in leading and managing change, while delivering high-quality administrative support within resource constraints. The role of Administrative Director requires well-developed managerial competencies in a complex and diverse environment and excellent knowledge of local laws. S/he is expected to lead and develop administrative functions, mainly: HR, IT, Procurement, & Facilities; and to have overall day-to-day management responsibility of the aforementioned functions and work closely with all programs and other departments at the organization. S/he shall report directly to the Director General.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Master’s Degree in business administration or equivalent.
- Experience with non-for-profit organizations.
- 12+ years’ experience in mentioned support functions with at least 7 in senior management level
- Leadership style: transformational leader
- Ability to manage conflict
- High problem-solving skills
- Building effective teams
- Detail oriented
- Optimize work processes
Leadership and Representation
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, contributing to the strategic development, programme integration and representation of the Foundation, and to key decisions affecting the Foundation.
- Support Directors in all matters related to operational functions.
- Liaise with external parties (consultants, auditors, legal advisor, official departments…etc.) where necessary.
- Act as the focal point on feedback, complaints, and grievances processes & procedures
Managerial & Capacity building:
- Ensure that the administration team provides the support needed for efficient implementation of the Foundation’s goals and objectives, in accordance with the approved policies and guidelines, and the desired quality level.
- Supervise development and follow up implementation of the annual workplans and budgets for the administration functions: Facilities, Procurement, Human Resources, and Information Technology.
- Develop and improve the efficiency of operational policies & procedures, and ensure compliance to them, and lead on corrective measure where needed.
- Monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress.
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analysing, and interpreting data and metrics.
- Line manage administration Unit Managers and other relevant Administration staff, providing induction, training, coaching and advice consistent with their capacity, roles and responsibilities.
- Facilitate an environment of high performance within at the Foundation
- Ensure effective communication between the programmes/units and operations team.
- Ensuring efficient management and optimal operations of the Foundation’s building facilities and systems and ensure compliance with its policies and guidelines.
- Chair the Health & Safety committee and overseeing all relevant issues.
- Ensure the Foundations properties are fully covered against all potential hazards (fire insurance, TPL…etc.)
- Ensure efficient logistic support to the Foundation’s staff, events, and activities (externally & internally).
- Lead the Foundation’s procurement functions, ensuring compliance, cost effectiveness, transparency, and business continuity.
- Oversee all relevant contractual and legal obligations related to centralized procurement functions.
- Ensure secure and effective running of IT systems at the Foundation and compliance with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Ensure efficient technical support to the Foundation’s staff, events, and activities (externally & internally).
- Leading the Foundation’s human resources functions and ensuring compliance with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Review & approve payroll monthly preparation.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below