This post holder will support and contribute to the smooth functioning of the Finance department at the oPt Country office level, also to ensure the compliance with Save the Children policies and procedures.
The post holder will be mainly responsible for reviewing and processing payments related to the CO, entering transactions to the computerized accounting system, updating bank accounts trackers, scanning and filing of supporting documents as well as other financial documents, supporting with audits, and supporting with month-end and year-end closing.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Financial Planning and Control Manager
Staff reporting to this post: N/A
Role Dimensions: oPt CO is a high complexity country, with multi-member interest, and an annual budget of $10 – 15m, and approximately 70 staff members.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Key Area 1: Country Office Overall Financial Related Work:
- Review and record country office payments such as consultancy payments, audit payments, vehicle use and fuel, petty cash and office supplies, etc.
- Write cheques or preparing bank transfer letters.
- Get cheques and bank transfer letters signed.
- Responsible for stamping payment supporting documents with “Paid” and other stamps as required by donors.
- Review and record staff payments: travel advances and travel expense claims.
- Hand checks to suppliers/vendors, consultants, and contractors in the office.
- Enter journal vouchers to Agresso (SCI Accounting System).
- File all payment vouchers, journal vouchers, and supporting documents as well as other financial documents.
- Record payment vouchers and cash received in the bank-tracking sheet.
- Responsible for handling transfer letters to banks and get bank accounts statements on monthly basis.
- Assist in managing the cash flow to ensure timely and secure transfer of funds from the CO accounts to FOs accounts to meet programme needs.
- Assist the Budgeting and Reporting Manager in preparing the weekly Remittance Report on ProSave system and have reports approved as needed.
- Assist the Budgeting and Reporting Manager in other tasks as needed and in coordination with the Financial Planning and Control Manager.
- Assist with the Coding Project rollout and other projects as needed.
Key Area 2: Month End Related Work:
- Prepare and record internal cash transfers.
- Confirm by email cash received from SCI centre.
- Enter salary payments and needed adjustments to Agresso (CAM adjustments, payroll and all related vouchers like salaries, pension, severance, insurances, annual leave accrual, entitlement and income tax for staff and consultants, etc.)
- Upload all the monthly reports and documents needed for the Regional Office on the shared folder.
- Assist in doing end-month bank reconciliation matching.
Key Area 3: Year-End Related Work:
- Assist in ensuring smooth and proper closeout of CO books by end of the year.
- Assist in doing physical count of assets.
- Assist in preparing all documents and reports for the year-end closeout process.
- Assist in reviewing finance files to ensure they are ready for audits.
- Assist in conducting annual audit work and awards specific audits in the office and with partners.
Ready to work to respond to any natural disaster or emergency situation anywhere in oPt.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- BA degree in accounting, finance or equivalent field
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Up to two-year work experience in accounting/finance department of a national or international organization. Work experience in NGOs/INGOs is a plus.
- Good analytical skills – the ability to analyse complex financial data.
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Arabic.
- Understanding of financial systems and procedures.
- Familiarity with computerised accounting systems.
- Experience of computerised accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to contribute to a small, proactive team, motivating staff and working collaboratively with colleagues and providing support and advice as necessary.
- A full appreciation of the value of co-operation, both internationally and within a team environment.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
Save the Children promotes a diverse and inclusive work environment, women and people with different abilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Save the Children works in development and humanitarian contexts with children and partners to help families, communities, and governments identify and use innovations to ensure all children survive, learn and are protected.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.