Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza (JWBG) since 1961 and currently supports programs in the sectors of humanitarian relief & recovery, livelihoods, civil society strengthening, and social justice promotion through its field offices in Jerusalem, Gaza, Ramallah and Bethlehem. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Complete standard financial documents (vouchers, wire transfer requests, checks, etc.) following a sample template with prescribed guidelines and circulate as needed.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to financial transactions processing. Prepare, type, photocopy, and scan related documentation. File accounting and financial reporting documentation as instructed.
- Compile supporting documentation (liquidation/receipt package) to support processing of financial transactions. Communicate with staff, subrecipients, partners, suppliers to follow up on required documents.
- Perform data entry for financial transactions recording, following validation by the next-level Finance staff.
- Keep custody of various documents (e.g. blank/undelivered checks, fuel coupons, etc.).
- High School Diploma required. Professional diploma/Certificate or courses in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration strongly preferred.
- Minimum of two years work experience in a similar role with some familiarity of standard accounting practices. Experience with an international organization a plus.
Required Languages – Arabic and English required
Travel – willingness to travel throughout Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza strongly preferred
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented. Able to meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service ethic and abilities. Ability to work collaboratively.
- Experience using MS Office packages, in particular Excel and Word. Hands-on experience with data entry into online databases and forms.
Interested candidates with relevant education and work experience are invited to complete an application which addresses the positions requirements. In order to be considered for the position, candidates must submit both a CV and a cover letter, in English. Applications must be submitted online at http://jobs.crsjwbg.org and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. This posting will remain open until filled, however, submission by September 4, 2023 is strongly advised.