Job Title Finance Assistant
Location West Bank
Mission Medical Aid for Palestinians (MAP) works for the health and dignity of Palestinians living under occupation and as refugees. MAP is the leading UK charity delivering health and medical care to those worst affected by conflict, occupation and displacement, in the occupied Palestinian territory and Palestinian refugee camps of Lebanon.
Job Purpose Support the management of MAP’s financial programme in West Bank and its partner organisations in accordance with organisational priorities
Salary According to the Salary Scale (Full-time).
Hours 45 hours/week
Reporting to Reporting line to the oPt. Finance and Admin Manager, WB
Responsible for Not applicable
Director of Operations in West Bank (DoO – WB); oPt senior Finance and admin manager, WB, Programme Officers, and Logistics & Procurement Officers and Programme Assistants.
MAP partner organizations, suppliers, contactors, auditors, banks in WB Strip
Key External relationship
Contract One year.
This job description does not form part of your contract of employment and can be amended from time to time as the needs of the organization require.
Duties and key responsibilities
- Manage all day to day financial accounting matters.
- Maintain and develop robust financial control systems to ensure compliance with MAP’s financial policies and procedures, including those for payment processing, petty cash control and procurement.
- Ensure financial transactions are properly recorded in the accounting system in compliance with monthly reporting schedules.
- Update cashbooks regularly and perform month end balance sheet, bank account, and cash reconciliations.
- Review expense claims reports and ensure that the line mangers approval was obtained before issuing payments.
- Ensure proper filing of all financial vouchers and reports and make sure that they are in good order.
- Work closely with project team members on financial issues related to medical missions.
- Follow up with the offices in charge and prepare the tax income file in order to pay the tax for the MOF.
- Assist the Finance manager in the preparation and conduct of MAP’s annual audit.
- Participate in Bids Opening Committee for all the procurement tenders.
- Assist the Finance and Admin Manager in review the procurement tender analysis and selection analysis.
- Work with the Procurement and Logistic Officer to maintain the tracker for the procurement contracts with amounts due and payments made to date.
- Ensure that procurement policies and procedures are followed for different purchases and biddings related to MAP.
- Participate in Bids Opening Committee for supplies, stationary, computers, etc. procured for MAP or for implementing the projects activities and opining bids for partners.
- Prioritise and provide comprehensive support and cover for the duties of the other West Bank Finance Officer where required by the DoO.
- Undertake general finance, administration, procurement and logistics duties when required by the DoO.
- Support the mission, ethos and values of MAP.
- Carry out other associated duties as may arise in line with the broad remit of the position.
- Support and promote diversity and equality of opportunity in the workplace.
- Work collaboratively with others in all aspects of our work.
- Maintain and improve competencies through continuous professional development.
- Abide by organisational policies, codes of conduct and practices.
- Treat with confidentiality any personal, private or sensitive information about individual organisations and or clients or staff and MAP data.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A degree in finance, accounting, or any related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Accounting, Auditing preferably with an (I)NGO
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and production and interpretation of management accounts.
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas effectively
- Demonstrated ability in building and maintaining collaborative relationships
Skills and abilities
- Strong communications, interpersonal, organisation, and listening skills.
- Good interpersonal skills – able to deal diplomatically and flexibly with a range of different people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Arabic.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word, Excel (or other spreadsheets) and word processing.
- Good understanding of and sensitivity to the regional/local context.
Personal attributes and other requirements
- Committed to MAP’s aims and values.
- Highly organised self-starter, able to work alone or as part of a team.
Send your CV to [email protected] by [03-July-2022].