Finance Assistant (Nationals Only) - Jerusalem
Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises in 31 countries, where we help save lives, rebuild futures and promote the rights of people who are displaced. We deliver high-quality aid where needs are greatest, in both new and protracted crises.
In Palestine, NRC provides humanitarian assistance and promotes respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. In the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, NRC’s work includes emergency preparedness and response, education, ICLA, protection, shelter and WASH.
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Finance assistant position is to contribute in the day-to-day implementation of the finance unit responsibilities
1. Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
2. Promote NRC Policies rules and regulations in relation to payments and Finance Handbook
3. Contribute to structure of the filing system in WB/JRS Office
4. Carry out any other task requested by line Manager
- Responsible for petty cash payments & ensure that the cash payments are correctly recorded in cashboxes and cash count is conducted on daily basis.
- Responsible for clearing all suppliers’ payments, including Checking of all supporting documents tax obligations in compliance with NRC rules and regulations and local laws.
- Responsible for issuing cheques and bank transfers for WB/JRS Office payments.
- Prepare all WB/JRS Post backs For Banks & cash.
- Prepare salary transfers & ensure correct booking of projects, accounts and amounts.
- Follow up with logistics on payments supporting documents as needed.
- Responsible for the follow-up and settlements of advanced and travel claims.
- Prepare monthly tax, Health Insurance and National Insurance payment slips and other tax obligations for payments
- Responsible for Banks reconciliation for WB/JRS office.
- Responsible for photocopying, scanning, and archiving Finance documents in the file systems
- Responsible for NRC Finance files.
- Stamp all invoices by Paid and donor Stamps
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a Bachelor’s degree holder in Accounting. Preferable experience from working as a Finance Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context. Good command in both English and Arabic, both written and verbal. Knowledge of Hebrew language is preferred. We are particularly looking for an individual with good knowledge of computer software, particularly Excel and database programs, who can build trust and confidently, and has the ability to work under pressure and independently.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
Contract Duration: 6 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Jerusalem
Start Date: ASAP
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة