SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 100+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare payments for the SPARK office and process all payments in the bookkeeping system.
- Responsible for all the bookkeeping tasks like Bank and Cash bookings.
- Prepare Cash and Bank Reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for the preparation of the office installments.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Control and process financial reports of local partners on a monthly basis
- Review financial reports and supporting documents of local partners on a monthly basis.
- Balance Confirmation with Local Implementing Partners on a quarterly basis.
- Review all invoices that are legally accurate and within our budgets and make sure that all the payments are properly charged to the projects in the accounting system.
- Assist RFM, SRFO, and Finance team in HQ in all audit matters whether external, Internal, or Project audits.
- Under the supervision of the Regional Procurement Manager, work closely with the local team for any upcoming procurement.
- Work closely with the Regional Procurement Manager and project leads for partner’s selections and assessment.
- Responsible for purchase requests
- Prepare Budget versus spending on a monthly basis for local projects.
- Work closely with a certified public accountant to ensure compliance with local law.
- Track all advances on a monthly basis.
- General office management, and administration support
- Prepare requested documents for the ministry of interior to renew the registration on a yearly basis.
- Work in compliance with SPARK policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the organisation of all the supporting documents digitally.
- Ensure that documentation is in place for project audits
- Other tasks when required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or any other related field.
- Background in education is desirable.
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in financial management and operational systems in projects’ administration, project management, financial management, and audit management within the private sector or international NGOs;
- Experience with audits is desirable;
- Organisational skills and the ability to work independently;
- Ability to work under pressure and travel;
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in English and Arabic.
- High energy, proactive and service-minded;
- Hands-on attitude and willingness to help out flexibly if required;
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Remuneration based on experience between 1200 – 1500 USD Gross per month;
- Full-time contract 40h/per week with a possibility of extension based on performance and available budget.
- Training opportunities
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with a motivation letter including salary expectations and CV (both in English) on https://vacancy.spark-online.org/Tab1/LoadProfileFromVacancy/361 until 25th JAN 2022 with reference: Finance and Administration Officer – State of Palestine
If you have any questions regarding SPARK or the position, please contact Country Representative Dina Almasaeid, [email protected]
All applications will be assessed on a rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply, we regret to inform you that we have continued with other candidates.