Blumont Engineering Solutions Working with US and non-US based clients, Blumont Engineering Solutions is building long-term resiliency through community-based infrastructure improvements and disaster risk reduction; ranging from design and planning; construction management; civil engineering; water and sanitation (Wat/San); land surveying; procurement and sourcing. Blumont Engineering Solutions/West Bank and Gaza is implementing programs that improve infrastructure, promote economic growth and improve the quality of life for Palestinians. Infrastructure programs relate to water supply, wastewater, roads, power lines and school construction, and have benefited hundreds of thousands of residents all over West Bank & Gaza. Through very competitive tendering procedures, USAID/West Bank and Gaza has selected Blumont Engineering Solutions as one of the IDIQ holders under the Building Foundations – Construction Services solicitation among four USAID Prime Construction Contractors.
Blumont Engineering Solutions is looking for a qualified applicant for Finance and Administration Manager position
General Job Description
The Finance and Administration Manager shall manage all activities for Blumont’s program(s) in assigned country, and ensure that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place to meet generally recognized accounting standards. Finance and Administration Manager shall manage all bookkeeping, bank accounts and cash flow to ensure sufficient funds are available for effective and efficient implementation. Additionally, he shall track all project expenses and prepare monthly financial reports for HQ, prepare monthly and yearly budget projections and maintain data on expenditures by line item, as well as produce and analyze budget variance reports.
- Reports to Program Director/Chief Engineer
- Location: West Bank/Gaza
- Managing the entire accounting and finance components of program.
- Support Program Director/Chief Engineer in budget planning and management.
- Administer payroll for field office staff.
- In consultation with PD/CE prepares cash projections for the program.
- ln consultation with PD/CE prepares/reviews fund request for program and operations.
- Prepare and review all accounting vouchers (payments, disbursement, receipts and journal vouchers)
- Prepare, review and submit monthly financial reports to the PD/CE
Monitor employee timekeeping and daily attendance procedures.
- Submit timely monthly reports to HQ.
- Oversee recruitment needs of finance department, include; hiring process, personnel orientation, professional development plans, performance evaluation etc.
- In coordination with Procurement and Compliance Manager, provides recommendations regarding audit issues and corrective action plans.
- Communicate and follow up with local ministries to perform all required financial tasks by Blumont.
- Perform fleet management duties.
- Training for finance department interns.
- Contact person for health insurance and mobile/telecommunication companies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors or Master's degree in accounting, finance or similar field.
- Excellent" interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues. Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team
- Proven ability to provide timely and accurate financial reports
- Ability to stream-line activities and not create unnecessary work for yourself/colleagues
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. Must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CVs along with a cover letter on or before July 19, 2018 to [email protected] . Only short listed applicants will be contacted for the interview.
Blumont is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We welcome people from diverse backgrounds, culture and experience.