The goal of Gaza Household WASH Activity (GHW) is to improve human health, environmental health, and livelihoods in vulnerable communities by increasing access to facilities and services for safe domestic water and improved sanitation. The activity intends to address priorities in Gaza that align with the Coastal Municipalities Water Utility (CMWU) and OCHA’s Humanitarian Rapid Response Plan (2018-2020).
The priorities include:
- The provision of durable solutions to vulnerable communities, such as the establishment, extension or rehabilitation of water distribution networks and sanitation systems at the household and neighborhood levels.
- Increase emergency WASH preparedness interventions to mitigate and reduce rainwater and sewage flooding risks in vulnerable communities.
The geographic focus of all interventions will be in Gaza, and to the extent possible, in the Access Restricted Areas (ARAs), flood-prone areas, and areas exposed to environmental health risks in Gaza.
Blumont Global Development is seeking to hire a Technical Expert/ Chief Engineer for this project. The Chief Engineer will work closely with and report to the Chief of Party (COP).
This position is pending award of a three-year cooperative agreement through USAID.
Essential Job Functions:
The WASH Technical Expert/Chief Engineer will be responsible for providing technical input to guide planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Advises the COP on project activities planning and implementation and measures for performance improvement.
- Provides technical leadership, oversees the implementation of project activities with partners, and proposes adjustments to project implementation based on continuous assessment of performance.
- Provides specialized technical support to and oversight of activities in the areas of water supply networks, sanitation networks and services, flood risk mitigation and prevention, and emergency WASH preparedness.
- Assists in the preparation of annual plans.
- Ensures the quality of project deliverables and timely implementation of activities.
- Oversees the performance of contractors and ensures the compliance and timeliness of delivered services.
- Ensure compliance of civil works with USAID standards and national codes.
- Builds the technical and management skills of staff, and leads the learning process.
- Supports in the preparation of regular reports to USAID as well as other reports as needed and required by COP.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- The Technical Expert must have at least a graduate degree in engineering or a relevant field,
- At least 10 years of experience managing WASH related programs such as water supply and wastewater systems engineering, flood prevention and mitigation, and emergency WASH services,
- Demonstrated experience managing complex and multi-partner projects;
- In addition to English language proficiency (3/3 on FSI’s language proficiency scale), professional working proficiency in spoken and written Modern Standard Arabic is required. The Technical Expert/ Chief Engineer must be able to use the language with sufficient structural accuracy and vocabulary to participate effectively in most formal and informal conversations on practical, social and professional topics,
- Prior experience in West Bank and Gaza, and/or the region, is highly desirable,
- Prior experience managing USAID funded projects is highly desirable
Deadline to apply: April 18, 2018
Application submission ( via Email)
Email to : [email protected]