About Human Appeal
Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for Finance & Admin Officer in Human Appeal UK- West Bank Office that located in Bethlehem. This is a 12-month local fixed term contract, with potential for extended. You will be reporting to Operations & Programmes Manager / HA Representative.
Human Appeal is a non-profit organisation working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s fight against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and the establishment of self-sustaining development programmes, we aim to invest in real, effective solutions.
We work year-round to establish healthcare, water and sanitation- WASH, education, and livelihood programmes that pave the way for empowered, self-serving communities. We also provide food, medical aid, and disaster relief during emergencies, a critical intervention that saves lives.
Ensure a valid record of financial activities and provide requested assistance to the Representative and the Senior Finance Coordinator for accurate track of financial footstep as well as smooth coordination with other department.
Coordinate with others and keep a good track of financial transactions and other financial activities for HA to monitor financial status.
Contribute to the development of the area team and will participate in reviewing the administrative policy and procedures.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Review invoices before payment to ensure documents are accurately completed and approved with clear and specific charging notes according to HA’s policies.
- Compile and sorts supporting documents, such as invoices and cheque(s), substantiating HA`s transactions, and ensure that documents and signatures are valid for an appropriate maintenance of documents.
- Verify and posts details of organization transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases.
- Record all transactions, on the accounting software according to HA`s procedures to keep track of HA’s financial activities.
- Prepare payment vouchers, cheque(s), account statements, bank reconciliations, BVAs, cost allocations, reports and other records and reviews them for accuracy on monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for management decisions.
- Record fixed asset into fixed assets register and reconcile the fixed asset with the QB fixed assets accounts.
Cash flow Management
- Monitor the availability of sufficient cash balances in the bank to cover all payments.
- Prepare monthly projects transfers requests.
- Monitor cash flow with the transfer of money between head-office and field office and reconciliation with banks to ensure that sufficient funds are always available in the bank.
- Assist the Representative and Senior Finance Coordinator in preparing new projects budgets,
- Prepare projects Budget vs. Actual reports.
- Assist the Representative and Senior Finance Coordinator in preparing operational budget and estimation of support costs.
- Providing office supplies (Stationery & kitchen supplies) for staff and maintain adequate stocks, so as to Manage office equipment and infrastructure to ensure a well-running office
- Prepare correspondence, memos, reports, presentations and emails to local counterparts, donors or other related offices or agencies in relation to the office operations, taking incoming and outgoing telephone calls and emails and liaising with Government Offices, Ministries related to HA project to have access letters and facilitation our projects.
- Responsible for collating due diligence and all required documents to proceed with screening process for any new staff member, partner or supplier.
- File all lease agreements, rental service contracts and prepare the lease schedule on monthly basis.
- Conduct procurement of stationery for staff, by preparing the purchase request for general procurement in office, reporting to the Senior finance coordinator, and ordering new supplies, identifying new suppliers and obtaining the best price so as to Handle office expenses and petty cash of the office under the approval of the finance coordinator.
- Responsible for handling payments for Services and Fees follow up for Rent payment, Service charge & Internet.
- Perform any other admin duties as assigned by the line manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Experience and Technical Competencies
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Professional Accounting certificate (e.g. ACPA, CPA, ACA, ACMA, ACCA, FMD) is an asset.
- Minimum of 4 years successful experience in the humanitarian and developmental fields ideally in NGOs. Experience with INGOs is an asset.
- Professional level using MS Office Suite, especially MS Excel.
- High proficiency and Fluent in English
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP so for the best chance of success please APPLY TODAY!
Please upload your CV and Cover Letter outlining how your experience, skills, qualification and professional background fit with the position requirements
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.