ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory in May 2007, through food security interventions in the West Bank and then in Gaza. ACTED is currently implementing projects funded by ECHO, UNOCHA, AFD and DGD, which aim to protect vulnerable households in the West Bank and to strengthen civil society actors across the occupied Palestinian territory.
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank and Gaza.
The Finance and Admin Intern’s role is to support the finance, HR, and Admisntration departments at Gaza area level.
- Manage office tasks including answering phone calls, relaying messages to staff as required, prioritizing mail, filing, photocopying, greetings and assisting visitors to the organization’s office.
- Distributes mail and faxes daily, (sends/receives faxes for all office staff) and maintains the record of file of faxes and emails received.
- Files all documents/scanned copies as needed and keeps filing system maintained.
- Assists in preparing letters and other relevant documents for Embassies, Ministries and Partners to issue visas, work permits, etc. for ACTED staff, follow-up of all staff ’s visas and work permits and has a computerized up-to-date data base.
- Assist in staff recruitment process and interviews arrangement in cooperation with HR /Admin assistant & relevant staff members.
- Assist in staff attendance and working hours process and report it on monthly basis to HR/Admin Manager and field coordinator.
- Assist in vacation and sick leaves follow up for the staff and send them to HR/Admin Manager on regular basis.
- Assist in expats permits to Gaza follow up with MOI Gaza.
- Assist in Gaza base renewal process with MOI Gaza.
- Assist in staff requests and payment follow up with the health insurance company in Gaza.
- Prepare and send the monthly mail to the capital office.
- Support the field coordinator in any requested tasks.
- Assist the finance team to ensure that all cash, cheque books and financial records are properly stored and safely secured at all times.
- Assist in all financial procedures; issuing invoice, supplier’s voucher receipt, payment voucher, and ensure all documents related to financial process are correctly issued and archived.
- Assist the finance team to Maintain and checks regularly the administrative filing system and ensures that all documents are filed properly.
- Assists in completing monthly reporting documents related to Finance and Admin departments.
- Preparing necessary accounting documentation for approval journal voucher, payment voucher, transaction entries into the accounting system, etc. on a daily basis
- Voucher and Cashbook: filling of vouchers and registration of voucher in cash books
- Check vouchers transparency and quality on a regular basis
- Scan the documents and send the original document by the end of each months
- Perform other duties as requested by the direct supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Fresh graduate or maximum one year of experience in similar job.
- Computer skills including the ability to operate Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent verbal and listening communications skills in Arabic and English.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills including ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with team members.
- Very organized and structured.
- Very Good in Arabic and English, spoken and written.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good attitude and ability to work in a team.
- Willingness to improve skills and knowledge.
- Good IT and Microsoft Office skills.
Submission of applications:
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV (in English) no later than 24/09/2018 to: [email protected] indicating the position (Finance and Admin Intern) in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.