Field Officer (Livelihoods)
Job Title: Field Officer (Livelihoods)
Department: Programs Team
Reports To: Project Officer
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza (JWBG) since 1961 and currently supports programs in the sectors of humanitarian relief, livelihoods, civil society strengthening, and social justice promotion through its field offices in Jerusalem, Gaza, and Bethlehem. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
Salalem is an innovative, five-year project that focuses on improving the skills and professional networks of young women and youth with disabilities, enabling them to enter and remain in the labor market. This project further seeks to build support from key influencers in the home, workplace, and community, creating an enabling environment in which young women and youth with disabilities realize increased agency and self-reliance. Through Salalem, these marginalized individuals in Gaza and the West Bank will become better prepared for jobs, with opportunities to contribute to the well-being of their families and communities.
As a member of the Salalem project team, the Field Officer (FO) will assist project implementation by working directly with local partners and community members, coordinating various project activities and events in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work to serve the poor and vulnerable. The FO’s thorough and service-oriented approach to project implementation ensures that communities feed into and benefit from a project that consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of the project for the people we serve.
- Support the coordination, implementation, and monitoring of project activities at the field level, ensuring implementation schedules are met as per the detailed implementation plan (DIP), and that adherence to CRS systems for quality project implementation are strengthened.
- Coordinate communication and facilitate information sharing among the project team, local implementing partners, and project beneficiaries at the community level to assist local partners in strengthening the community interest, involvement and support networks.
- Support the project team to identify technical opportunities and challenges related to livelihoods, women’s empowerment, and disability inclusion; in coordination with the project team support capacity building activities for local implementing partners, in accordance with CRS Partnership Principles. Report on challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to the plan and implementation schedule.
- Liaise with various community stakeholders and mobilize them to ensure full involvement of community leaders, and community representatives in the overall implementation and improvement of project activities.
- Compile data provided at the community level as per project requirements and contribute to the preparation of reports.
- Support the dissemination of the CRS Safeguarding Policy & Code of Conduct and Ethics to local implementing partners, project beneficiaries, and relevant community members, including mechanisms to safely make report or provide feedback; ensure compliance with this policy and immediately notify supervisor of any concerns.
- Support project administration and backstop other functions, as assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field, required
- Minimum two (2) years of NGO work experience, required
- Demonstrated experience in livelihoods, women’s empowerment, disability inclusion, or youth programming, required; experience in more than one of these technical areas, strongly preferred.
- Experience working with partners and participating in community-engagement activities, required
- Proficiency using MS Windows, MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and ICT4D systems, required; familiarity with MS Forms, CommCare and PowerBI a plus
- Observation, active listening, and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
- Good relationships management skills with ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Organized, proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
Required/Desired Foreign Language: Strong written and oral English and Arabic required.
Travel Required: Travel in Gaza required regularly. Project or country level meeting outside of Gaza anticipated on occasion (5%).
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: None. Reports to Livelihoods Project Officer
Internal: Salalem Project team – including MEAL staff – and operations staff (e.g. Admin, ICT, Procurement, Finance, Security).
External: Local partners, community members, beneficiaries, peers from other NGOs, etc.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics. CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability status.
Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply and to seek CRS support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.
المسمى الوظيفي Field Officer (Livelihoods)
آخر موعد للتقديم 26 - Sep - 2021
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 2 Years
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Catholic Relief Services خدمات الاغاثة الكاثوليكية
Partner Engagement Officer
رام الله والبيرة, بيت لحم
Capacity Strengthening Senior Project Officer
رام الله والبيرة
MEAL Project Officer
رام الله والبيرة
MEAL Field Officer
رام الله والبيرة
MEAL Field Officer
Deputy Chief of Party
القدس, بيت لحم
Chief of Party
القدس, بيت لحم