Position: Local expert / Field Officer for procurement of medical equipment, supervision of health and protection activities in health facilities and communities
Location: West Bank, Hebron governorate
Starting date: April/May 2022
Duration: 6 months, renewable
Project: RIGHTS - Protection and Human Rights for the Palestinian communities in Area C (West Bank); Health, Water and Hygiene AID 12273/01/0/CISP/AREAC/1
CISP – International Committee for the Development of Peoples is a civil society organization, having its headquarters in Italy, that has been engaged in international cooperation and the fight against social exclusion since 1983. Today, CISP is active in more than 30 countries with initiatives for the affirmation of fundamental rights and social inclusion, the fight against inequalities and social injustice, the creation of economic and social opportunities as well as the protection of marginalized people. CISP is working in Palestine since 1997, implementing humanitarian and development interventions in collaboration with local authorities, civil society organizations and communities, with a long-standing experience in the health and protection sectors.
CISP is starting the implementation of the Project RIGHTS - Protection and Human Rights for the Palestinian communities in Area C (West Bank); Health, Water and Hygiene, 12273/01/0/CISP/AREAC/1, funded by the AICS (Italian Agency for Development Cooperation).
The project will be coordinated from CISP’ Jerusalem office and implemented in cooperation with international and local partners, in different communities/villages in Yatta and Southern Hebron’ areas, West Bank.
The Project aims at contributing to the protection of the Palestinian population most exposed to violation of the right to health and right to safe water, by improving:
➢ access to clean and drinkable water;
➢ practices of prevention and response to hygiene-sanitation risks;
➢ quality of essential health services for women in reproductive age and adolescents;
➢ protection mechanisms for women in reproductive age and adolescents.
CISP is looking for an experienced candidate for the position of Local expert – Field Officer for procurement of medical equipment, supervision of health and protection activities in clinics and communities, to work in close collaboration with CISP’ Coordinator, CISP’ administration department and the partners’ teams.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and implement in the field CISP’ project activities (Purchase and distribution of hygiene and dignity kits to 500 families; purchase, supply and installation of medical equipment, furniture, hygiene materials for 4 PHC clinics; small renovation works in 1 PHC clinic; purchase, supply and installation of equipment and materials for essential haemato-chemical analysis for 2 PHC clinics);
- Develop and manage the procurement processes necessary for the above-mentioned activities, (including design of BoQs, conducting market research and updating database of CISP’ suppliers, drafting tenders and contract’ documents, contributing to evaluation of offers and selection of suppliers, etc.). Ensure compliance with the provisions of AICS’ and CISP’ manuals;
- Coordinate with the relevant authorities and community stakeholders to measure and document the impact of the above-mentioned activities, particularly in regard to the quality of the health services provided by the clinics to women in reproductive age, adolescents and children;
- Prepare and update workplans and monitor their timely and coherent application;
- Compile narrative reports, according to project’ schedule, formats and indicators;
- Coordinate with CISP’ finance and admin department to facilitate compiling financial reports and collecting necessary supporting documents;
- Closely coordinate with the local partner, and when necessary provide supervision, to support the field implementation and documentation of the activities under their portfolio (in particular: trainings, awareness sessions and community mobilization on hygiene practices, maternal and reproductive health, protection from gender-based violence, bullying, etc.; trainings for medical staff on maternal health, SHRH, IPC; monitoring of at risk-cases of women and adolescents and strengthening the referral / protection systems at local level);
- Regularly coordinate with local stakeholders, community representatives and local authorities for successful implementation, organizing and joining meetings according to plans and needs;
- Proactively manage challenges; timely communicate the need for modifying action and procurement plans, implementation methodologies or other, to respond to the evolving context/security/local conditions;
- Contribute to the overall coordination and MEAL processes of the project, conducting data collection and analysis;
- Ensure the project is implemented in the field in accordance with applicable standards, guidelines, and policies of CISP and of the donor;
- Ensure that interaction with beneficiaries is conducted in sensitive manner, fully respectful of the relevant principles of the organization and international standards for humanitarian interventions.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
• Recognized academic / technical qualification in public health or related field in the health sector. Qualification in Social Work, International Cooperation, or closely related fields can be also considered if accompanied by sufficient professional experience in the health sector.
• Proven experience in projects’ management in the field in Palestine, preferably within an NGO or INGO.
• Technical knowledge and professional experience in the health sector, preferably in public health facilities (clinics, laboratories) and primary health care settings. Previous experience in relation to the provision or monitoring of maternal, IPC, SHRH and adolescents’ health services is an asset.
• Proven experience in managing procurement processes.
• Experience in conducting awareness raising, mobilization and protection activities at community and HH level, particularly with vulnerable women and adolescents, is an asset.
• Direct knowledge and work experience in the project’ target area (communities and villages in Southern Hebron, Yatta areas) is preferred.
• Fluency in Arabic and English languages (spoken and written) is required.
• Strong experience in using Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word etc), data collection tools, and reporting.
• Valid local driving licence
• Knowledge, understanding and full commitment to respect the principles of rights-based approach, gender justice, PSEA and child protection.
➢ Applications shall include an updated CV in English, Cover Letter and contacts of 2 reference persons.
➢ Applications should be sent to [email protected] and [email protected]➢ Due to the urgency of this recruitment, applications will be reviewed as they are received; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.